Saturday, December 12, 2009

Handle With Care: Gift Tag

How many pictures do you think I took of this project trying to get a perfect one? LOL - way too many. First my camera batteries were dying left and right (time to invest in a new one) and now with Winter's arrival it seems like I have only 5 minutes in the day when the lighting is perfect. Darn short (and very cold) winter days)! I might have to finally invest in a light tent and a couple of lights... either that or just give up on taking nice pics of my projects! ;) Hee hee. But enough grouchin' and on to the project!

This is a cozy gift tag I made... it will find a home on a Christmas gift this year. I cut two circles from light weight coasters using the Large Circle Nestabilities. Just a note: I had to run the Nestie and coaster through the die cut machine about four times before it completely cut through the coaster... back and forth and again - quite the workout. ;) The edges were sponged eith Close to Cocoa Craft ink and heat set. I then glued a slightly smaller circle of glittery My Mind's Eye paper to the coaster (I actually made two of these - the second is used as a back to the gift tag). Added a bit of May Arts ribbon and attached it with jute and a button through a hole I punched in the coaster.

The little house is chipboard from Maya Road. I sponged the house with Bordering Blue Craft ink and heat set. I then stamped a snowflake on it in Close to Cocoa Craft ink and heat set again. I used Bravo Burgundy Craft ink on the heart. I lightly sanded the edges of both pieces and added Frosted Lace Stickles to mimic the look of snow.

A sentiment was stamped in Close to Cocoa Classic ink on Kraft cardstock. The left side was punched with a Ticket Edger punch and the right side was attached to the coaster with a couple of stitches. Next up I punched a bunch of 1" Bordering Blue circles. They were attached to the back of the second coaster and then the first coaster was attached to the second with dimensions (added a loop of ribbon first though). To finish the BB circles were sponged with Close to Cocoa Classic ink and faux stitching was added with a white gel pen.

Yikes... That is a lot of words to describe one gift tag. :)

Recipe:
Stamps: North Pole Post (Whipper Snapper Designs). Paper: Kraft, Bordering Blue, glittery designer (My Mind's Eye), medium weight coasters. Ink: Close to Cocoa Classic, Bordering Blue Craft, Bravo Burgundy Craft, Close to Cocoa Craft. Other: white gel pen, gingham ribbon and jute (May Arts), 1" circle punch, Ticket edger punch (EK Success), sanding block, Frosted Lace Stickles, button, Very Vanilla Taffeta, dimensioansl.

6 comments:

  1. this is really beautiful
    xoxo BA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love it. I enjoy your blog/projects so much. Keep them coming please!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Danielle!! This is amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! Danielle! LOVE this, just stunning. I especially like the ribbon and button combo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)