Friday, December 18, 2009

Toothpick Trees: Gift Tag

Hello everyone,

Are you in the swing of the Holidays yet? I'm not! I'm so far behind... still have gifts to buy, cookies to bake and a couple of gifts to finish making. Oopsie! I better get to work. :) However I do seem to be stuck in procrastination mode which means I made another special gift tag last night instead of working on gifts. LOL!

This tag uses one of my favorite Stampin' Up! sets Merry & Bright. Love those trees! This time I stamped them on Kraft cardstock and colored with Copic markers. I then trimmed the trees and adhered square toothpicks to the backs using Crystal Effects. I did have to trim a bit of length off the toothpicks afterwards. You may be seeing more toothpick trees in the future as I really like how they turned out! Once the Crystal Effects was dry I added a bit of bling using Pink Stickles. Ahhh... nothing like glitter to make me happy! :)

The main snowman image was stamped on Kraft paper and a scrap of white cardstock. I colored the white snowman, cut him out and adhered him over the one on the Kraft cardstock. I added a bit of glue to the bottom of the Kraft cardstock using a 2-Way glue pen and then covered with white Flock. Adds just a hint of snowy ground. Next up I applied Crystal Effects to the hat and scarf and dusted with Dazzling Diamonds glitter. More glitter induced happiness! :)

Hmm... other random notes: the tag base is two pieces of white backing board die cut with the Top Note BigZ die. I inked the edges with Elegant Eggplant Craft ink and heat set. Two pieces of My Mind's Eye glittery designer paper were also cut with the die, trimmed, edges distressed and then adhered over the backing board. For the front piece I used a 1/16" circle punch and punched holes around the tag and then threaded a piece of jute through the holes. The handle is a piece of florist wire that I shaped. It was a bit bright so I colored it with a T5 Copic marker. *The back is plain at this point but I may add a square of Kraft to it with the To/From info.

So what do you think? Is it too much or do you like it? :)

Recipe:
Stamps: Merry & Bright (SU!). Paper: Kraft, White (PTI), designer (My Mind's Eye), white backing board (clearbags.com). Ink: Elegant Eggplant Craft, Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers. Other: jute, ribbon (May Arts), Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Crystal Effects, toothpicks, Pink Stickles, florist wire, mat pack, paper piercer, large glue dots (Therm-o-web), distressing tool, 2-way glue pen, white flock, pinking shears.

7 comments:

  1. Not too much! I love it! Very cute and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a genius! Toothpick trees...my word girl. You ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too much?! Girl you are crazy! I love it! Those tree trunks rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, Daniel! I think this is just darling! love all the details you added.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)