Wednesday, January 6, 2010

At the Happy Tree

If the trees in my yard had leaves right now they would be blue from the cold... at least that is what I told myself after I finished this card. But they do match the little leaves in the nutmeg designer paper! ;)

All stamps are from the December Unity KOTM... I really need to use more of these stamps. I seem to only find the time to use one or two of the stamps from each kit and then the next kit arrives... and I just have to use the new ones, right? lol. I stamped the sentiment twice in Memento Rich Cocoa ink. The first time on vellum which I had to carefully heat set. The second time on Sweet Blush cardstock from PTI. I cut out the "be happy" pieces and mounted over the matching words on the vellum piece with dimensionals. Easy peasy and it really makes those words pop!

Recipe:
Stamps: Delightful Moments - Dec '09 Kit (Unity Stamps). Paper: Nutmeg designer (October Afternoon), vellum, Dark Chocolate and Sweet Blush (PTI), Ivory Perfect Panel (MFT). Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Copic markers. Other: jute (May Arts), Sweet Blush Swiss Dot ribbon and button (PTI), brads (Recollections), dimensionals, white thread, sewing machine.

3 comments:

  1. That is one cool card! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! I love how you used your vellum! Now I think I want to make something using vellum! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)