Sunday, January 17, 2010

A Balloon for the Birthday Girl

I hope everyone has been having a splendid weekend (and maybe even have tomorrow off from work?)! I took a break from paper crafting this last week to work on a different project (crocheting a scarf) and cleaning my house in prep for a Wii party yesterday. Yes, I bought a Nintendo Wii and had to have a little get-together to break it in... it was sooooo much fun (non-stop laughter) that we'll have to have another one soon. :) And what would make a fun weekend even more perfect? A little time in the crafty room!

I need a few birthday cards and was inspired by Joanne's "beloved" challenge to use one of the Pure Innocence stamps in my stash to make this bright and cheery card. I kept the layout very simple (at least for me) and added a few fun accents to liven up the card: a paper pieced red gingham dress, Crystal Effects on the blue balloon, and a touch of glitter on her barrett, heart and shoe buckles. Oh and a few pearls and machine stitching... ;)

Just a little tip - I'd apply the Crystal Effects to the balloon after the sewing was done. My plastic foot on my machine was stiching to the CE like a clear stamp sticks to an acrylic block. So don't like too closely at my sewing there! :)

Recipe:
Stamps: My Balloon - Pure Innocence (MFT). Paper: Farm Fresh designer (October Afternoon), Pure Poppy and Aqua Mist (PTI), Ivory Perfect Panel (MFT). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, Red Copic Spica pen. Other: Kiwi Kiss striped ribbon (SU!), white thread and sewing machine, Crystal Effects, Deco Scalloped Edger (EK Success), Ivory pearls (Kaiser Craft).

6 comments:

  1. Super Cute card Danielle!! LOVE the CE on teh balloon - and thanks for the tip! Hope you're doing well Chickie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely adorable:) You did a really good job coloring her! I love every element of your card- your stitching, paper piecing, your dp, your crystal effects..okay all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so pretty card and cute too. Its color combination is nice. Beautiful craft work! Thanks for such adorable post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just amazing! I love the CE on the balloon! Aren't those PI girls SUCH fun to work with! Have a blast with the wii, we love ours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danielle, this is gorgeous! I have recently bought this image and cannot understand how I have left it so long before inking her up! Love that balloon and her sweet dress, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. she is just too sweet! we [heart} the Wii!!! glad you are enjoying yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)