Thursday, January 28, 2010

So Sorry

Sympathy cards are not the easiest for me to make but every once in a while I do need one. I don't have very many sympathy stamps (not something I tend to think about buying when shopping) so I used this simple nature image from Unity Stamp Co. and paired it with the "So Sorry" sentiment from SU!'s Fundamental Phrases. The card did end up being a bit brighter but I think that might be a good thing... a little bit of cheer on a sad day.

Quick notes: I stamped the image and colored with Copic markers. I added a bit of Rock Candy Distress Stickles to the flower buds. I decided they needed a bit more sparkle so while the Stickles were still wet I dusted the image with Dazzling Diamonds Glitter. After attaching the sentiment to the image with dimensionals I added attached a couple of layered buttons with a doubled up piece of jute. Any questions just let me know!

Recipe:
Stamps: Gratitude = Joy (Unity), Fundamental Phrases (SU!). Paper: Aqua Mist, Dark Chocolate, Pure Poppy, White (PTI), Craft Fair designer (American Crafts). Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Copic markers. Other: ribbon and jute (May Arts), Deco Scallop Edger punch (EK Success), brown brads and Dazzling Diamonds Glitter (SU!), Labels 5 Nestibilities (Spellbinders), buttons (PTI), Rock Candy Distress Stickles (Ranger), sewing machine and white thread, dimensionals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)