Monday, January 25, 2010

Sorry, I'm Late!

I'm always late with birthday cards... always. The funny thing is that I remember a birthday weeks ahead of time and will even make a card but then I forget to mail it until it is too late! Does that happen to anyone else?

With that in mind I made this card using one of the new images from Unity's January KOTM. I spent a bit of time (okay, way too much) creating the background from little 3/4" squares of Craft Fair designer paper and a whole lotta zig zag stitching. Maybe strips of designer paper would have been a better idea! For the main image I colored it with Copic markers after stamping in Rich Cocoa Memento ink. I applied Crystal Effects to the mushroom tops and then dusted with Fine Crystal glitter (very subtle effect). I also added a bit of CE to the snail's shell. The finished card size is 5" x 5".

Recipe:
Stamps: Jan '10 KOTM: Savor the Journey (Unity Stamp Co.). Paper: Real Red, Soft Sky (SU!), White Perfect Panel (MFT), Craft Fair designer (American Crafts). Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Copic Markers. Other: Crystal Effects, Ribbon (May Arts), Fine Crystal Glitter (Martha Stewart), Medium Baby Boy Glitter brads (American Crafts), Deco Scallop Edger (EK Success), Sewing machine and white thread, dimensionals.

5 comments:

  1. Such fun, just love all the details and glitter! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute, you have way too much patience to make that quilt background! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. holey moley- you're talented! Wow, I wouldn't mind at all geting a card late if it looked like this one:) Really love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really great! The sparkle - wow!! Love the snail with the sentiment - it's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sooooo sweet! love that background-gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)