Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Lovey Dovey Owls

Hi all! I'm just popping in to quickly share a card tonight. I have a bit of a cold (I'm blaming it on the shoveling yesterday) and need to find my bed earlier tonight than usual. ;)

I actually made this card a couple days ago! I did a couple of fun things with this one: added a flower I crocheted and covered a plain chipboard letter "U" with a bit of craft paint (heat set) and some sparkly fluff (used 2-way glue pen to adhere it). For even more texture I added a bit of ruffly ribbon trim behind the main image and added Frosted Lace Stickles to the itty bitty hearts. I think this card has found a permanent home in my card stash. Hee hee!

ETA - For those of you who would like to crochet your own flowers. HERE is a link to the pattern that I used for this flower. Enjoy!


And most importantly, the layout is from another fabulous sketch by Jen del Muro which you can see HERE. Although this time I did not change it around. :)

Recipe:
Stamps: Heart Owls (Hero Arts). Paper: Garden Variety designer (Cosmo Cricket), Marigold Morning, Old Olive (SU!), white (PTI). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Always Artichoke Craft. Other: Appletini Green Sparkly Fluff (Our Craft Lounge), Ruffly Ribbon (Maya Road), Love & Happiness Rubons (SU!), Chipboard letter (Heidi Swapp), Button (PTI), Frosted Lace Stickles (Ranger), mat pack, paper piercer.

6 comments:

  1. Awww...this is so cute. Just love it! Love all the fab little details you added like the crocheted flower (wish I knew how to do that), the ruffly ribbon, and the sparkly fluff U. Such a sweet card:) Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! Love all the special details you've added. Any chance you'd share the pattern for the crochet flower? ~chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very sweet. Love the crocheted flower and the ruffly ribbon looks gorgeous with the image. I think I would keep this card in my stash too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really super, love that fringe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet - love those two little lovebirds! Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)