Monday, February 22, 2010

Smile! Times Four :)

Hello crafty friends! Hope you are having a fabulous start to the week. I woke up this morning to a driveway full of snow (yick) and an extra long drive into work (double yick!). I did leave a bit early so I could come home and... can you guess?... shovel! Oh yay! Happy happy joy joy! Hmm... not really. ;) Although the pot of chili that is simmering away on the stove will make it all better. Until I wake up tomorrow and realize that I still have a ton of shoveling to do... one hour only made a dent this time!

And something else to brighten my mood is the card I am sharing tonight. I didn't like the color combo at first but it has grown on me. What do you think?

For the layout I used a fabulous sketch by Jen del Muro which you can check out HERE. You may even want to play along too as there is a fabulous blog candy up for grabs. Fabulous I tell ya! But I have to admit... I didn't quite follow the sketch. I HAD to turn it and add the light yellow layer behind the four squares. I'm so sketchy bad! ;)


Talk to you later... I'm off to eat a bowl of chili. Yum!

Recipe:
Stamps: Friendly Expressions Anna Wight Cling Set (Whipper Snapper Designs). Paper: Material Girl Designer (Cosmo Cricket), Pure Poppy, Spring Moss (PTI), Naturals White (SU!), White Perfect Panel (MFT Stamps). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Markers. Other: sewing machine and heavy duty white thread, edge distressor, red gingham ribbon (May Arts), Frosted Lace Stickles (Ranger), 1 3/8" square punch (SU!), bling (Heidi Swapp), dimensionals.

4 comments:

  1. This is AWESOME, Danielle!! AWESOME!!! LOVE the colors...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! Love the added shimmer on the flower, hope the snow melts overnight. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a fabulous card.I love all the gorgeous details. Hugs Marja

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)