Monday, March 1, 2010

Happy Monday

Guess what? I have some exciting news to share with you today. Although if you read THIS POST on the There She Goes blog then you already know! Yes - I'm joining the There She Goes design team as a Trendsetter for the next 6 months. Woo hoo! Such an exiting day and I just have to say that the rest of this team... wow... just wow! I am in awe of their talent and so thankful to Jessica for the opportunity to work them and with her fabulous line of stamps!

To celebrate I had to make a card to share...
Notes on the main image: I stamped the leaft image on white cardstock and then cutout using a Labels One Nestabilities die. I then used a couple of Copic Markers and an air compressor to add blue around the leaves. Note: if you use the brush tip you can create a fun splattered pattern. Next I colored the leaves with a couple shades of green. I stamped the flower on both white cardstock and vellum and colored both with Copic markers. I trimmed both flowers (keeping only the inner portion of the vellum one). Next I sprayed all of the layers with Pearl Glimmer Mist and heat set. I finger curled the vellum petals inward a bit and attached the two flowers together with a dimensional and then added a corduroy brad. A bit of work but oh so pretty!

Recipe: Stamps: Flowers of Happiness (There She Goes Clear Stamps). Paper: Love Me Do designer (My Mind's Eye), Vellum, Kraft, Not Quite Navy and Soft Sky (SU!), White (PTI). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers. Other: Pearl Glimmer Mist, Labels One Nestabilities (Spellbinders), ribbon (May Arts), mat pack, paper piercer, dimensionals, Kiwi Kiss corduroy brad (SU!).

9 comments:

  1. Wahooo! Welcome to the team Danielle! Love this card you created, you are off to a great start :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Danielle!!! Love your card today too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats- I'm excited for you :0 I like these colors together a lot. Love how you always add a a little shimmer to your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty Danielle. Love the way you layered the pretty flower. So happy to be on the TSG team with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Danielle! Love, love, LOVE your cards - they are always really gorgeous. And I get lots of inspiration and learn so much from you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wooohooo! I'm so honored to be working with you!!! I'm playing catch-up now that we are back from our Disney trip. LOVe your card, the colors are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. O, belated congrats! Not sure how I missed this post. Love this happy card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the Design Team. Love the card. The dimensional flower is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)