Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Rainy Day Fun

Hiya! I stamped the other day and finally had a few minutes to share the card with you. I used a fun new image from the March KOTM from Unity Stamp Company. Now I feel the need to buy a new umbrella and a chic rain coat. But I should resist... must get new windows for the house... blech. :P


I stamped the umbrella on a bit of designer paper and cut out. I then applied VersaMark ink to the umbrella, coated with Ultra Thick embossing powder and heat set. I repeated a couple more times until there was a very thick layer of clear embossing powder over the umbrella. Note: be careful because it can crack if you are not careful. Although a little heat setting will remove the cracks.

I used a scalloped circle of cardstock, a sponge and Bashful Blue Classic ink to create a cloudy sky. I then airbrushed a bit of green ink onton the bottom and drew in the grass with a couple of Copic markers.

Recipe:
Stamps: March KOTM (Unity Stamp Co.). Paper: So Saffron (SU!), Ocean Tides, Spring Moss, White (PTI), Material Girl designer (Cosmo Cricket). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, Bashful Blue Classic. Other: Wide oval punch, scallop circle punch, mat pack, paper piercer, Melon Berry satin ribbon (PTI), dimensionals, Ultra Thick embossing powder.

5 comments:

  1. Love the card Danielle. Great job. Keep em' coming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE what you did w/ the Ultra thick! You are ROCKING the Unity, girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card Danielle - love your colour combo and beautiful work! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable card! I love all of your details! The umbrella is super cute and I love your cloudy background!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)