Tuesday, March 23, 2010

There She Goes Blog Hop: Spring Fever

Hello Crafty Friends!

Today the There She Goes Trendsetters are sharing a bit of Spring Fever! The trees are budding, the grass is growing, the squirrels are feeling a bit frisky and our blogs are featuring some delightful Spring creations using the new Spring Fever stamp set! If you would like to win a copy of this set you just need to visit all of the Trendsetters' blogs (the ones on today's hop) and leave a little (or big) comment on their Spring Fever post. The hop started at the There She Goes blog where you can find all of the details on winning a copy of the Spring Fever stamp set! :)

For my card I had to use the cute little squirrels... they are having a romantic lunch rendevouz in the park. Smoochy squirrels... hee hee. ;)



Card notes: I stamped the bench on white cardstock in Creamy Caramel Classic ink and stamped the two little hearts in red. I then used my Copic markers and an air compressor to add blue sky and green grass. I used Copic markers to draw a bit of grass around the feet of the bench. Next I stamped the larger heart and the two squirrels on another piece of white cardsock and cut each image out. They were then adhered to the bench with dimensionals. A little designer paper, a crocheted flower and some sewing finished the card. Don't look to closely at the stitching... my sewing machine was having fits.
The next stop on the blog hop is the extremely talented Donna Wardle! I am in awe of her coloring with Prisma Pencils. I don't need another coloring medium but oh how tempting it is after viewing her fabulous creations. ;)
Recipe:
Stamps: Spring Fever (There She Goes Clear Stamps). Paper: Pink Pirouette, Bashful Blue, Chocolate Chip, White, Home designer (My Mind's Eye). Ink: Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel, Riding Hood Red, Copic markers. Other: sewing machine and white thread, button (PTI), dimensionals.

61 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful spring card and the squirrels are so cute .. have raised two orphans and then released them, they are so sweet and soft..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so stinkin' cute Danielle! I love the adorable scene you created and the background fits perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an adorable card you designed. I love the stamps. Off to the next blog. HOP HOP. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just adorable - my favourite squirrels are the one's on cards as the real life ones that live in my garden have dug up all my crocus bulbs!!! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. very very beautiful. i love the scene you screated

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I love your air-brushed background. Wish I could do that. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. darling, just darling! love those hearts and your great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is so sweet and adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. danielle...this is so stinkin' cute! love this little scene you've created, and those colors are wonderful! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute! I've never seen a stamp lke that one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness... they're so friggin' cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the squirrels and the crochet flower. Great spring card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. SOOO cute!! Yearning for spring!!! Love the stitching and the crochet flower! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh how cute! Love the squirrels in love! Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute card. Love the colors and the crochet flower!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty! I love the little scene with the squirrels and the bench. Too cute! I am soooo ready for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so darn Springy I just love it! What a fabulous and fun Spring creation, I love how the squirrels are on the bench too, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow, this is so very cute...I luv the papers, and flower..sending you sunshine!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this spring scene.somehow squirrels always remind us that spring is here.I love this colorful card.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is darling! I can tell I'm gonna love this set! Great springy papers you used!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very cute card!! I love the way you created the scene... Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  23. really cute card! i love those little squirrels!

    ReplyDelete
  24. How are are those squirrels.. CUTE! Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  25. You are wicked talented with those Copics! I can't believe that grass is hand drawn and I want to learn how to airbrush SO badly!

    ~Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh how cute! Loving the smooching squirrels!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very cute!! I love the colors and crochet flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. SUPER sweet Danielle!!! LOVE the airbrushing! I am TOTALLY getting myself a compressor!!! Fab layout too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a beautiful card! The squirrels are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  30. super cute card .. and awesome new set... love it !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Awwwwwww, this is too cute! Love the squirrels and the bench. Great colors for spring too!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very Cute. Great paper choices and looove that crocheted flower.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow, what a cute card! I just love those little squirrels. Your use of colors and embellishments is perfect. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  34. SO CUTE - love the papers & that crochetes flowerm too!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful card! I love the cute squirrels!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Really cute -- love the squirrels and your crocheted flower.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Danielle, this is really cute. I like the DP and the scene you created. Fantastic coloring !

    ReplyDelete
  38. Danielle...This card is just so adorable and gorgeous and cute and amazing...I could go on and on...Seriously it is just stunning..LOVE it!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  39. Aww!! How cute are they?! Lovely job Danielle! Did you crochet that flower??

    ReplyDelete
  40. Danielle, this is just gorgeous! I really love how you stamped the hearts like that! I so never saw that! :) Awesome job girly!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Oh what a cute card! Love the squirrels on the bench. The bench is an awesome idea. Your crochet flower is just the right touch!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Great creation! Love your attention to detail. Can hardly wait to see another fabulous new stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  43. This is so totally adorable!! Love it, Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love your card.. huge squirrel fan..

    ReplyDelete
  45. So cute! Love the dimension and that crochet flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Your card is adorable! Love the airbrushed background and the colors! Super cute. Can't wait to see the rest of the set.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Wonderful spring card....the squirrels on the bench.....too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Very cute card. Love the hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  49. This is soo cute. I really loved the scene with Bench and all.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Lovely card. Love all the hearts above the two squirrels.

    ReplyDelete
  51. So cuuuuuuuuuute! love how you used several images at once.

    ReplyDelete
  52. my DH is an anti-squirrel guy but I've teased him and picked up "will work for seed" and squirrel-proof bird feeders and the list goes on ... this'd make a t'riffic card to go with his gifts, LOL! thanx for sharing, and thanx for the t'riffic blog candy opp!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)