Monday, March 15, 2010

TSG46: Orange You Happy for Spring?

One of my least favorite colors used to be orange but lately I've been loving anything and everything orange! Orange sweaters, orange vehicles and of course cards using the color orange. No I am not going to buy and orange car... but I will oogle them a bit! :)

I made today's card for this week's There She Goes challenge: a sketch by me! You can check it out HERE. If it has not posted yet it should soon. I used another flower image from the Flowers of Happiness stamp set and colored it with various shades of orange and yellow. For the flower center I adhered a bit of glitter and once dry coated it with a liberal amount of Crystal Effects. So purty!

Recipe:
Stamps: Flower of Happiness (There She Goes Stamps). Paper: Summer Sunrise, Ocean Tides and White (PTI), Basic Gray (SU!), My Mind's Eye designer. Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, Weathered Wood Distress Ink (Ranger). Other: white thread and sewing machine, dimensionals, large and small circle Nestabilities, Lemon Tart saddle stitched ribbon, Crystal Effects, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, orange self adhesive gems.

9 comments:

  1. Ha, with me it's the opposite: Orange used to be my favourite colour, but now I can't use it at all. Totally strange, huh ;) Best wishes! (from a German follower currently located in NZ)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what, I have just discovered orange too! I bought an orange Promarker on Saturday so i'm all tooled up and ready to use it! fabulous card Danielle - love that flower and your colour combo. Love that sentiment too - certainly made me smile, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautifully done, danielle! love this sketch for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card Danielle and the coloring of the flower is purty. Love it!!! Really enjoyed your sketch challenge today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is GORGEOUS Danielle! FAB sketch and I love the colors and papers you used! Mine will post tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh - like your color palette and that pretty DP and rhinestones!

    ~Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bright, cheery and gorgeous! Love it! Great sketch too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Danielle...This card is just absolutely gorgeous...Every single detail is just perfect!! Beautiful work sweetie...Just beautiful!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooo, I love organge, especially when you use it sparingly-just a pop is all you need! thanks for a great sketch. love your take on it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)