Friday, April 30, 2010

Big Beautiful Blooms

Hi my crafty friends!

Is it Spring yet? If not I think these blooming buttercups will usher it in! :) Jessica, our fearless TSG leader, posted a fabulous tip sheet last week for creating a layered buttercup and I just had to make some of these flowers myself!

After cutting out the flower layers I added a bit of shading with a Copic marker and then sponged the edge with Ranger Distress Ink in Wild Honey. And if that wasn't enough I coated each layer with VersaMark and clear embossing powder and heat set. For the flower center I used Iridescent Ice embossing powder instead of the clear. 'Cause we like glitter... a lot!

Do you like? I have to admit that I think I should have skipped stamping the bees...
Recipe:
Stamps: What's Up Buttercup?! (TSG Clear Stamps). Paper: Sweet Blush, Kraft, Spring Moss (flower center), designer (Karen Foster). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, Wild Honey and Peeled Paint Distress Inks (Ranger), VersaMark. Other: Crystal clear embossing powder, Iridescent Ice embossing powder, twill, brads, sewing machine and white thread and lots and lots of dimensionals.

2 comments:

  1. I LIKE the bees, and the card is amazing!!! Truly gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I disagree too - I think the bee's set it off perfectly!!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)