Monday, April 12, 2010

Have a Sweet and Sugary Birthday!

Hi Crafty Peeps! I have a super quick post tonight. I had to get my hands on this fun birthday set from TSG - I was sold as soon as I saw the topsy turvy cake image! This is the kind of cake I decorate... a little lopsided because I trimmed a bit too much off the top to make it flat (and for taste testing purposes!) Hee hee. :)



Quick notes: After coloring the cake and banner and adhering to the card with dimensionals I coated them with Crystal Effects. I added paper piercing to the main oval (not so good at sewing along curves!) and added sewing to all of the other layers of designer paper after matting.

Recipe:
Stamps: Make A Wish (There She Goes Clear Stamps). Paper: Sweet Blush, Berry Sorbet, Ocean Tides, White (PTI), designer (My Mind's Eye). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers. Other: Crystal Effects, Oval Nestabilities, ribbon (May Arts), brads (American Crafts), Edger punch (SU!), dimensionals, sewing machine and white thread.

3 comments:

  1. ooo, Danielle! love this-your colors and coloring are superb, as always! I want a cake like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooooo cute, Danielle! Love the crystal effects added to the cake!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)