Friday, April 2, 2010

Poppy Sweet

Oh sweet Poppies! I warned you that you would be seeing this stamp set again! :) The images are so sweet and extra fun to color! This time I used my Copic markers and added a bit of Frosted Stickles for shimmer. I also used a bit of silk ribbon, a few brads and some sewing to accent the main image. The bow does hide the sentiment in the picture but it is easy to push out of the way so I decided that was allowable. ;)


And here is a closeup so you can see the whole sentiment and the glitter that I applied to the flower and the butterfly. Pretty!


In other random news I changed my blog layout a bit and updated the header. What do you think? I'm hoping you like it but be honest! :)

Recipe:
Stamps: Poppies (There She Goes Clear Stamps). Paper: Ruby Red, Garden Green, Pink Pirouette (SU!), Spring Moss and White (PTI), Lemon Citron designer (K & Company). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers. Other: Scalloped Scallop edger (EK Success), Silk ribbon (May Arts), Sewing machine and white thread, dimensionals, vintage brads, Frosted Stickles (Ranger).

7 comments:

  1. Love your card - I can see why you love that poppy so much! Love the sentiment and that lovely bow. Great new blog layout, love that cat and I can totally relate as I am a wee bit plush myself these days!!!! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. sooo sweet, Danielle! love the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, Danielle! WOW! Your coloring is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and I love the header! Also like how the posts are separated by boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to get my stamps! I love this poppy set! Beautiful card girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Danielle. Love your coloring and that pretty bow is a nice touch. BEAUTIFUL card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)