Saturday, May 22, 2010

Blue Buttercups for You!

Hello crafty friends!

I've been stamping away the last couple of days and much of it I cannot share yet. Hee hee... I'm such a tease. However I do have this sweet card to show you! It uses the oh so pretty What's Up Buttercup? set by There She Goes.


I stamped the single butter cup image in Memento Rich Cocoa ink on PTI white cardstock twice, colored with Copic markers and cut out. I stamped the definition sentiment in Rick Cocoa on Spring Moss cardstock and sponged the edges with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink. I added a tiny little Swarovski 3mm Hotfix crystal next to the "but-ter-cup" word.

I picked up a couple of new tools while my mom was visiting over Mother's Day weekend: jumbo scalloped square nesties and the Tim Holtz Swirl embossing folder. I used both on a piece of Aqua Mist cardstock and finished up by sponging the edges with more Tumbled Glass Distress Ink. Fun! Love new tools! :)

Next I cut a couple of Chocolate Chip layers and paper pierced the edges of the smaller square and added a few more Swarovski crystals - 4mm ones this time. On the second piece of chocolate chip I added a slightly smaller piece of designer paper (Woodhaven by Colorbok). I sponged the edges again with more Tumbled Glass.


Finally to finish I needed some pretty matching ribbon. I didn't have quite the color I wanted so I dyed some white silk ribbon from May Arts with a BG72 Copic Various Ink refill. A little tape, a few dimensionals and a Natural White 5" x 5" cardbase and I was done! Purty!


Recipe:
Stamps: What's Up Buttercup? (There She Goes Clear Stamps). Paper: Woodhave desinger (Colorbok), Spring Moss, Aqua Mist and white (PTI), Chocolate Chip and Naturals White (SU!). Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Tumbled Glass Distress Ink (Ranger), Copic markers. Other: mat pack, paper piercer, Jumbo Scalloped Square Nesties (Spellbinders), Swarovski crystals, Tim Holtz Swirls embossing folders (Sizzix), dimensionals.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Danielle :-)
    Your card is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! I love it!! So clever to dye the ribbon with a Copic - didn't know you could do that!
    Sure is fun to play with 'new stuff' isn't it?! Gets your mojo going.
    Can't wait for the next card.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Danielle - your colour choices always delight and inspire! That bow is breathtaking!!! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. soooo pretty! love the rich colors and the scalloped square card-lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)