Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Dash of Purple Fairy Dust!

Hello!

I found a bit of time to stamp on Sunday and made a card for Pam's colorful TSG challenge. I don't think I would have ever paired these colors together... nope... definitely wouldn't! However I do like how my card turned out and I'm sure the rest of the Trendsetters playing along have created some fab-u-lous cards (and I'm betting you will too)! For all the deets on the challenge and links to those playing along visit the TSG blog!

But before heading over there check out my card. Please... pretty please? I'd love to know what you think. I did try a couple of new things while making this card. I created hills of grass by snipping Kiwi Kiss cardstock with my paper snips.


And I also added a fun ribbon treatment by only creating a couple of big pleats on the left side of the card. I really like how this turned out! Then to finish I plopped a big pink crocheted flower with a button center on the lower left. I really need to make more of these flowers... my stash is running low!

So what do you think? Are you inspired? Will you be playing along with the challenge? I think you want to. I really do! ;)

Recipe:
Stamps: Fairy Good Day (TSG Clear Stamps). Paper: Orchid Opulence, Regal Rose, Kiwi Kiss (SU!), white (PTI), Kioshi designer (Basic Grey). Ink: Tumbled Glass, Antique Linen and Peeled Paint Distress Inks (Ranger), Copic markers, Clear and Lavendar Spica pens, Memento Tuxedo Black. Other: crocheted flower, button (PTI), jute (May Arts), Kiwi Kiss striped grosgrain(SU!), dimensionals, mat pack, paper piercer, Large Circle and Large Petite Scalloped Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), edge distressor tool, brads (Recollections).

9 comments:

  1. Hi Danielle, what a wonderful card!!! Love that cute fairy and the flower, the grass... the ribbon. Oh be still my beating heart!!! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, danielle...this is so stinkin' adorable! love your grass and your fairy floating off the focal panel! awesome job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great Danielle- love the grass (I thought it was a challenging color combo too!)

    ~Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Danielle. Love the grass and the pleated ribbon. That is one of my fav TSG sets. Love what you did with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is too stinkin' cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Danielle! I LOVE it! Love how you have the fairy flying off the main panel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! I love all the special details you added!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)