Wednesday, May 26, 2010

TSG Sneak Peeks Day 2: By The Sea

Welcome to day two of sneak peeks for the new TSG release! We are showing cards made with a a beautiful ocean/beach themed set that was illustrated by talented Chris Dark. Today the hop started at Chris's blog and hopefully you came here from there since I am the second stop! :)



The images in this set are just beautiful! I very much enjoyed using them to make this sweet beach scene. Now if only the view from my house was of this instead of my neighbors' yards and blacktop. Hmmm... wonder if anyone would notice me digging a big ol' hole out there? Hee hee. :)







Some details: I stamped the images in Memento Tuxedo Black, airbrushed the sky using Copic markers and colored the sand directly with a couple of brown Copic makers. For the water I first watercolored with Bashful Blue reinker and then overlayed with a bit of Shimmerz Blingz paint in blue. I also added a touch of the Angel Dust Shimmerz to the sand and the clouds for additional shimmer.







By The Sea is a 6x8 stamp set that includes a total of 37 stamps and will sell for $24.

Would you like a chance to win the By The Sea stamp set? Here’s what you need to do- go to each of the Trendsetter’s Blogs and leave a comment on their By The Sea Blog Hop Challenge post. After you have finished checking out the eye candy and have left some love, return to the TSG Blog and add your name to the Mr. Linky at the bottom of this Blog Hop Challenge post. A winner will be chosen randomly using a random number generator to receive their very own By The Sea stamp set. The winner will be announced Saturday (May 29th) during the Release Party Chat.


Finally the next stop in the hop is the uber talented Donna. Can't wait to see what she has made! :)
Recipe:
Stamps: By the Sea (There She Goes Clear Stamps). Paper: Natural White, Old Olive (SU!), white (PTI). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Markers, Bashful Blue Classic (SU!). Other: Angel Dust Shimmerz and Blingz, mat pack, paper piercer, large brown brads (SU!), dimensionals.

51 comments:

  1. This is so pretty....I love how you used shimmer on the water and sand....awesome job....thank you for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooow I love the sparkle Danielle. Yep, living in your little beach scene would be pretty good LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!! I love the sparkle in the ocean!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous............. just love the detail and the sparkle! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning. I especially love the sparkly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love that palm tree...like its swaying in the wind!

    ReplyDelete
  7. didn't know of shimmerz paints, but your card is sooooo beautiful. Can't wait to try...now I'll have to own this set too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just stunning!!! I love all of the sparkle that you added!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty scenery you created.
    I think I have to have this stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vacation...here I come...oh, I so wish! Thanks for the great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOOH! What a GORGEOUS scene Danielle! LOVE the soft colors and all the shimmer on this! FAB layout too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the shimmer on the water and great coloring job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful images, and Ilove that bit of shimmer that you've added! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I ADORE how you did the glitter! It's a gorgeous card! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE the look of the shimmerz on your cards Danielle - they add so much! Thanks for the eye candy!

    ~Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful scene Danielle! lovely to add the shimmer to the H2O....I am settling for a "sea" of grass again...oh and concrete...lol
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome detail, Danielle! I love the sparkle on the water. This set is just so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So beautiful Danielle! I love your air brushing and all that wonderful sparkle, you've made such an inviting scene, I want to dive right into it :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. so very pretty and the the sun peeking out from behind the cloud is cute

    ReplyDelete
  20. Water is great, nice job in coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is soooooo pretty! I absolutely ♥ the sparkle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is jaw-dropping absolutely beautiful. Incredible sample. The set looks amazing. Can't wait for its release.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous card. I love the sparkly sand!

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  24. The scene you created is wonderful! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the sand and water - almost like being there. So serene. Reminds me of being back in Galveston.

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh Danielle I can't begin to tell you how much I like this card. Your scene is top notch and colored beautifully. Lovely job.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wonderful Card! Love how U used the Glitter to add dimension & sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Danielle, look at all that sparkle! I could have used a scene like that in real life today....it was 95deg today! Fabulous job creating this scene Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a lovely scene!! I just love the sparkle :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow, amazing scene - and all the sparkle!! Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. WOW! This is just gorgeous! Love the glitz and scene. I'm relaxing already.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Awesome card Danielle. Love all the sparkles.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Very nice! Love the shimmers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. So beautiful Danielle! I love how realistic the water looks and the glitter is the perfect addition :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the sparkles in your card...Beautiful
    Barb Klusendorf
    luvstampn@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  36. Danielle.
    I love how you used the shimmers to give affect to the water. Stunning.

    TFS!!

    Calypso

    ReplyDelete
  37. wow! beautiful job! i love the glitter on your sand!great retirement saying!

    ReplyDelete
  38. very pretty love the calm feel of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Beautiful, love all the coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Amazing work. I like the glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Gorgeous! I love the whole scene, the coloring and the added sparkle. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  42. This set is so cute and you done fantastic job here

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love the deep colours you've captured...makes me almost forget the few inches of snow in my backyard.

    ReplyDelete
  44. SEA-reously great. MUST get the By The Sea set!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Very pretty!Luv the way you put simmering. I didn't see it til i saw your second pic, close up!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love the job you have done. Your coloring is amazing. I hope that I have not run acrossed the hop too late. Thanks for participating in the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  47. What you can do with Copic is so Great!!!...it looks like each one of these stamp sets are gonna b so much fun!
    Thanks for sharing your time and talents!

    ReplyDelete
  48. great look love the way the water looks so real very nice almost like a photo wonderful work

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)