Friday, June 18, 2010

Distressed... but in a Good Way!

Hi Crafty Friends!

The TSG Challenge this week is to create a Worn, Torn or Distressed project... get 'er dirty in other words! ;) I was a little limited when making my card because I could not find my edge distressor which left me in a dither. Oh the horrors! So instead I added sponging to the edges of the different layers using Antique Linen and Tea Dye Distress Inks.

Also, I'm not sure if this counts as distressing but I sprayed the main image and the background with Glimmer Mist. Such subtle glitter... makes my heart pitter patter! Speaking of the main image - I stamped the Poppies image in Tea Dye on Naturals Ivory cardstock and cut out with an oval nestabilities die. I then sponged the entire image with Antique Linen and the edges with Tea Dye. After which I layered it on a piece of black cardstock that was cut out with a Petite Scalloped Oval Nestie. I also stamped a butterfly from the set on another piece of Naturals Ivory, colored with Copic markers anc cut out. After attaching to the oval I applied a layer of Crystal Effects, dusted with Dazzling Diamonds Glitter and let dry.

The next layer that is a little green in tone was actually another piece of Naturals Ivory cardstock. Again I sponged the edges and then layered on black cardstock. I added a strip of designer paper, some scalloped cork, ribbon and jute. To finish I added a button with more jute tied through it, a few brads and gave the whole piece a liberally spritzing with Lime Twist Glimmer Mist (thus the green tone).

A bit more designer paper layered on black cardstock and a Spring Moss cardbase finished my oh so distressed poppies card. So what do you think? I feel like this card pushed me a bit outside of my comfort zone but I love how it turned out!

Recipe:
Stamps: Poppies (There She Goes Clear Stamps). Paper: Naturals Ivory, Black (SU!), Spring Moss (PTI), Queen Bee designer (Pink Paislee). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Antique Linen and Tea Dye Distress Inks (Ranger), Copic markers. Other: cork and large scallop die (MFT), Petite Scalloped Oval and Oval Nestabilities (SpellBinders), Black Satin ribbon and button (PTI), jute (May Arts), brads (Recollections), Mat pack, Paper Piercer, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter and Crystal Effects (SU!), Lime Twist and Sunflower Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels), dimensionals.

2 comments:

  1. This is some serious GORGEOUSNESS girlie! As soon as I saw cork was getting popular I thought of you-I just ordered sdome from MFT but we'll see if I'm half as good as you w/ it! I still have a card you made me w/ cork on it! Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)