Thursday, June 3, 2010

Thanks Sweet Pea!

Hi Peeps!

I'm popping in to night with a sweet thank you card that I made last night. I used the Sweet Pea stamp set from TSG and stamped the main flower image in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on PTI white cardstock. I then cut the image out - I used an exacto blade to cut out the inner pieces. I then painted the blossoms with Ice Lavendar Shimmerz paint. Very very sparkly in real life. :)

So there you have it... one monochromatic card. I haven't done that in a while. :)

In other news, I have been trying my hand at gardening this year. I decided to try growing some vegetables in containers on my deck. I'm quite excited about this, especially since I came home tonight and checked my pots and noticed that a bunch more seedlings are emerging: pickling cucumbers, snow peas and more green beans. This is in addition to the gourds, peas and green beans that I planted earlier. Woo hoo! They are all doing much better than the pot of peas that I had to start over after the seeds were drowned out in a rain storm a little over a week ago... this time around I have two seedlings. Two itty bittly little plants... ;)

I also bought a cayenne pepper plant and a tomato plant that are growing like crazy (starting to blossom already!). And I started a bunch of hot pepper and green peppers in one of those little hothouse trays... I have over 25 seedlings started. I also started some banana peppers that are just beginning to poke through. Umm yeah... I don't need that many peppers but I didn't anticipate that they would all take. Good thing my dad wants whatever I don't need - he is going to get a boat load of pepper plants! :)

Are you doing any gardening? I think the green beans are going to be my favorite. How about you?

Recipe:
Stamps: Sweet Pea (There She Goes Clear Stamps). Paper: Purely Pomegranate, Basic Black (SU!), White (PTI), Tim Holtz Shabby Vintage designer. Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black. Other: rhinestones (Kaiser), Petite Scalloped Circle and Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), white satin (SU!), dimensionals, heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, Ice Lavendar Shimmerz.

3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, and if I lived closer, I would raid your pepper plants!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this Danielle! The flowers are SO shimmery and gorgeous!! LOVE the layout too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful Danielle! Love how you cut out the image and popped it up (that must have taken a bit of time!) Gorgeous layout too.

    We have a vegie patch too and lots of herbs in pots. I think the best things to grow in a vegie patch are tomatoes, peas plus green & butter beans. It's Winter here, so the only thing in my vegie patch is peas which will crop in Sept/Oct. Roll on Spring....... :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)