Tuesday, June 15, 2010

That's No Bull!

I have a confession - I'm terrible at sending birthday cards on time. They are always a bit late. So this fun sentiment from the new Anna Wight cling set Party Animal (Whipper Snapper) is perfect for me! Well, that and it makes me giggle. :)

I stamped the main image in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and cut out with a Nestabilties Label 8 die. I left the die in place and sponged Antique Linen Distress Ink around the edges and then colored the rest of the image with Copic markers. Next I stamped the cake on a separate piece of white cardstock, colored and trimmed with my scissors. I applied Crystal Effects to the frosting and coated with just a sprinkle of Dazzling Diamonds Glitter (did the same to the flower on the dress). Once dry I adhered the cake to the cow with dimensionals.

I cut a larger piece of Spring Moss cardstock using another Labels 8 die and then stamped the sentiment at the top. After which I went and paper pierced the edges. For the next layer I matted for squares of Kioshi designer paper on a piece of Tangerine Tango cardstock and then sewed around all of the edges (sew and sew and sew some more!). I then assembled all of the layers together, adding some twill tape with a tied on button and a few brads. "Sew" what do you think? ;)

Recipe:

Stamps: Party Animal (Whipper Snapper Designs). Paper: Naturals Ivory and Tangerine Tange (SU!), Spring Moss and White (PTI), Kioshi designer (Basic Grey). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger), Copic markers. Other: Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Crystal Effects, Twill Tape, Mat Pack and paper piercer (SU!), brads (Recollections) Labels 8 Nestabilities (Spellbinder's), button (PTI), jute (May Arts), sewing machine, heavy duty white thread, dimensionals.

4 comments:

  1. I am the worst at sending them out too! LOL... You'd think I could be more on the ball. This is very cute, I love the stmaps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE the colors!!!!
    Her orange dress... PERFECT!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)