Tuesday, June 29, 2010

TSG61: Going Green

Hello everyone!

This week’s There She Goes challenge is brought to you by me! I'm really into gardening this year, so I thought I would issue a TWO-STEP challenge! The challenge is to incorporate the COLOR GREEN and some type of PLANT (flowers, trees, topiaries, leaves, etc) on your creation this week. You can use other colors on your card/ project as well, but you MUST use GREEN somewhere on your card.

To be eligible for the giveaway, you are to create a card that uses GREEN and a PLANT, then head over to the TSG Blog to add your name and a link to your project in the Mr. Linky that is located at the bottom of the challenge post. This challenge is open until the winner has been announced on the following Monday (July 5th). The winner will get a $5 gift certificate to use in the TSG Web store!

I can't wait to see all of your creations! I made a 5" x 5" card using a flower image from the What's Up Buttercup?! stamp set and some Kiwi Kiss cardstock.

I stamped the main image in Rich Cocoa ink and colored with Copic markers. Sponged the edges with Antique Linen Distress Ink and added a bit of paper piercing. I coated the flowers with Crystal Effects and added a dusting of Dazzling Diamonds glitter. For the background I embossed a piece of Kiwi Kiss cardstock with a Tim Holtz embossing folder and then sponged with Peeled Paint Distress Ink. I think the rest is self explanatory but if you have any questions just ask! :)


P.S. I'll be back tomorrow with another fun project. :)

Recipe:

Stamps: What's Up Buttercup?! (There She Goes Clear Stamps), Paper: Naturals Ivory, Cameo Coral, Kiwi Kiss (SU!), white (PTI), designer (SEI). Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Copic markers, Antique Linen and Peeled Paint Distress Inks (Ranger). Other: Crystal Effects, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Twill Tape, 3/4" circle punch, jumbo oval punch (SU!), satin ribbon and jute (May Arts), Weathered Wood embossing folder (Tim Holtz), sewing machine, heavy duty ribbon, dimensionals.

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic card! It's unique and beautiful. Can't wait to see what you have for us tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO gorgeous! Love the touch of sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous!! Love the layout, and the sparkle!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)