Friday, June 11, 2010

Tweet Tweet - bird speak for Happy Day

Happy Day or rather Happy Late Late Friday! :)

I'm looking forward to the weekend and accomplishing some tasks around the house. Maybe a little painting, some yardwork and perhaps a few more pots of plants or trees. I've only planted 11 trees this year... so far. ;)

And speaking of trees here is a card I made using the very sweet Happy Day stamp set from TSG. I love the funky tree in this set and the happy fat birdies. For the card I stamped the images in Memento Tuxedo Black, colored with Copic Markers and accented with Dazzling Diamonds Glitter. For the tree I stamped a few of the leaves a second time, colored, cut and layered over the main image with dimensionals.



I used a bit of twill tape, jute string and a couple of buttons to add a little more happy to the card. I figure if they make me happy they should do the same for the card and hopefully for you. ;)

Have a great weekend!


Recipe:
Stamps: Happy Day (There She Goes Clear Stamps). Paper: Naturals Ivory, black, white (PTI), designer (My Mind's Eye). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tea Dye Distress Ink (Ranger), Copic markers, Copic spica pens. Other: jute (May Arts), Twill Tape and Dazzling Diamonds Glitter (SU!), glue pen, buttons (PTI), brads (Recollections), sewing machine and heavy duty white thread, dimensionals.

2 comments:

  1. This card is great, love the colors and the layers. You have a great blog Danielle.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)