Monday, July 5, 2010

Got Cake?

Hi all!

Yeesh, been a while since I posted and I had such big plans to post more frequently... and then I became sidetracked. Been a very busy four day weekend for me. Car repairs, window estimate, painting and reorganizing the craft/office rooms (half way done) and some fun socializing of course. :)

Oh, and one note on painting... a little lesson I learned this weekend. If you purchase multiple cans of paint make sure they add tint/colorant to all of them. Nothing like opening the second can and finding it white (stir) white (stir tons more) white (boo hooing at this point)! That was a grumpy long ride back to the hardware store. ;)

But a little cake makes things all better, right? Or maybe just a cake card!

Again, I used the Party Animals Anna Wight cling set from Whipper Snapper Designs. I actually think I accomplished the difficult task of making a *gasp* masculine card. What do you think?


Main image stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Copic markers. Added a bit of Copic Spica pen to the hat and Crystal Effects to both the hat and cupcake. I then cut out the image and adhered it to a Tempting Turquoise piece (die cut with a Labels One Nestabilities) with dimensionals. I used VersaMark and stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment mutliple times on the Soft Sky layer. Distressed the edges, layered on black and added some stitching. I pulled the thread out of a portion of the stitching for a slightly different look.
Recipe:
Stamps: Party Animals Anna Wight Cling Set (Whipper Snapper Designs). Paper: Tangerine Tango, Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turquoise, Soft Sky, Black (SU!), white (PTI). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark, Copic Markers, Copic Spica Pen. Other: Crystal Effects, jute (May Arts), ribbon (American Crafts), button (PTI), oval punch (SU!), brads (Recollections), sewing machine and heavy duty white thread, dimensionals.

2 comments:

  1. This is such a wonderful card! I love the image and the twine button is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)