Thursday, July 8, 2010

SC288: Bah Bah Bah

Hey peeps!

My stamping mojo has been seriously missing this week... where oh where has it gone? I looked everywhere... even under the couch cushions but alas it was nowhere to be found. So I thought I would lure it back with a sketch challenge... a SplitCoast sketch. :)

Hmm... it turned out a bit colorful but I like it.

And it seems appropriate considering my insomnia last night. Hopefully tonight I'll be dreaming about sheep instead of counting them. Well, maybe not sheep... all that dream bahing would probably wake me. :)


After coloring and cutting out the lambs I added a bit of Dazzling Diamonds glitter using a 2-way glue pen. I just couldn't resist. Cause if you are going to dream about sheep they might as well have polka dots and glitter. Hee hee.


To accent the card I diecut three flowers from light green felt and then sewed them together along with a couple of buttons. The finished flower was a bit too big so I trimmed each of the petals - flower haircut!

Recipe:
Stamps: Polka Dot Pals (There She Goes Clear Stamps). Paper: White, Lemon Tart, Summer Sunrise (PTI), Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze (SU!), designer (My Mind's Eye). Ink: Baja Breeze Classic Ink, Memento Tuxedo Black, Tea Dye Distress Ink (Ranger). Other: sewing machine and heavy duty white thread, green wool blend felt, buttons (PTI), jute (May Arts), Baja Breeze Striped Ribbon, oval punch (SU!), mat pack, paper piercer, dimensionals, Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), swiss dots embossing folder (CuttleBug).

3 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love your colors. I don't think they are too bright. I wish I was better with color. Great job. By the way...I added you to my blog list so I could come back often. Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Your polka-dotted glittery sheepies are priceless! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)