Thursday, July 15, 2010

A Shabby SFYTT

Hey peeps!

I'm popping in late tonight to share a card using TSG stamps! I'll be keeping the details short and sweet as I'm about to nod off... zzzzz... :)

I used Jen's SFYTT from last Saturday for the layout on this card. I know - I'm really into the sketch challenges lately. Not sure what is up with that except I have been having a bit of stampers' block these last couple of weeks. Too many non-stamping projects... including a big one - new windows for the house! ;)
Main image was stamped on Naturals Ivory cardstock and colored. The curtain portion of the image and the little bird were stamped a second time on white cardstock, colored with Copic markers and cut out. I then adhered these pieces over the first image (used dimensionals for the bird).
I used the Tattered Florals Tim Holtz die to cut a pretty flower from a sheet of acrylic. I used my paper piercer to poke for holes in the center and attached the flower with a button to my card using string/jute/twine (not sure what the perfect name for it is). I used more of the twine to attach three buttons on the upper right side of the card.


When finished I added a coating of Crystal Effects to the window opening and the arches. And a touch of glitter to the little birdie with an orange Spica pen.
Recipe:
Stamps: Art is the Window (TSG Clear Stamps). Paper: Close to Cocoa, Naturals Ivory (SU!), Aqua Mist and White (PTI), Nook and Pantry designer (Basic Grey). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger), Copic markers and spica pen. Other: Crystal Effects, mat pack, paper piercer, sewing machine and heavy duty white thread, jute (May Arts), edge distresser, dimensionals, acrylic, Tattered Florals Tim Holtz Die (Sizzix), buttons (PTI), Tim Holtz embossing folder (Sizzix).

2 comments:

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)