Tuesday, July 20, 2010

TSG64: Polka Dots and Chipboard

Hi Crafty Friends!

I have a *beary* sweet card to share with you! I made this one for this week's challenge on the There She Goes Blog, TSG64, Polka Dots & Chipboard, brought to us by the Trendsetter of the Week, the AMAZING Lisa!

I used the sweet mini set Beary Hugs, some polka dot Heidi Grace designer paper and a few chipboard hearts I had stashed in my box of chipboard odds and ends.

Notes: the chipboard hearts were covered with Close to Cocoa Craft ink and heat set. I used the Basic Grey file set to distress the edges once dry. I then sewed a button the center of each one. For the main image I stamped the big bear and the tiny bear on ivory cardstock (Perfect Paper Panels from MFT) and colored with Copic markers. The tiny bear was cut out and adhered over the first bear with dimensionals. I distressed the edges of the panel with Antique Linen Distress ink and an edge distressor. Crystal Effects was added to the ears, feet, nose and bellies. ;) The sentiment "When all else fails, hug your teddy bear." was stamped on So Saffron cardstock, cut out with a tab punch, aged with Antique Linen Distress ink and attached to the main image with a teeny tiny staple (after matting on Chocolate Chip cardstock and sewing around the edges).

I think that is it! Check back later this week for another card or two... somebody spent some time in the craft room last weekend. ;)

Recipe:
Stamps: Beary Hugs (TSG Clear Stamps). Paper: Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Naturals Ivory (SU!), Ivory Perfect Panels (MFT), designer (Heidi Grace). Ink: Close to Cocoa Craft (SU!), Memento Rich Cocoa, Antique Linen Distress Inks (Ranger), Copic markers. Other: Crystal Effects, chipboard hearts, Scallop Edge punch, label punch, silver brads (SU!), edge distressor, buttons (PTI), tiny attacher (Tim Holtz), dimensionals, jute and gingham ribbon (May Arts), sewing machine and heavy duty thread.

4 comments:

  1. this is so adorable, danielle! love that little teddy bear, and you rocked the polka dot and chipboard challenge! awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww, this card is just darling! You did a wonderful job with all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your creation is stunning, I LOVE everything about it!!!

    If you love challenges, you are sure to love my new blog: www.felineplayful.blogspot.com

    Hope you will stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally cute Danielle!!! SO funny we used the same set...hehe!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)