Saturday, August 28, 2010

Gnome I'm Glad For Treats!

Hello!

It is late at night but that doesn't stop me. Because I have chocolate and a sweet gift bag that needs filling. So one chocolate for the gift bag and two for me! ;)

To decorate the gift bag I used the Garden Gnome Anna Wight stamp set from Whipper Snapper and a few scraps of delightful October Afternoon designer paper.

After stamping the gnome from the set in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on white cardstock I colored with Copic markers and cut out. I wanted the gnome to be a bit more sturdy so I inked him with a VersaMark ink set added Ultra Thick Embossing Powder and heat set (repeat this a second time for an extra thick coating).

I used my scissors to cut a wavy pattern on a few pieces of blue patterned paper and inked the edges with Antique Linen Distress Ink. I pieced these on another piece of black polka dot paper, layered on black cardstock and stitched the edges.


For the top of the bag I punched two holes and weaved the ribbon through the holes. From the front insert ribbon through the left hole, then bring back to the front through the right hole. Then insert ribbon through the left hole again and bring it back to the front through the right. Hope that makes sense! It's an easy way to hold the bag shut and even easier way to remove the ribbon to get to the yummy chocolate inside. :)


Recipe:
Stamps: Garden Gnome (Whipper Snapper Designs). Paper: Basic Black, Naturals Ivory (SU!), designer (October Afternoon), white (PTI). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger). Other: sewing machine and heavy duty white thread, thread and gingham ribbon (May Arts), corduroy button (SU!), Ultra Thick Embossing Powder, dimensionals, kraft bag (Target).

1 comment:

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)