Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Sweet Things

So, I've been slaving away in my craft room this week off and on making one little bitty project. Just one. It went a bit like this: ppply first coat of white paint. Wait for it to dry. Apply second coat of white paint. Wait for it to dry. Apply a glossy finish... wait for it to dry. Decide I need to add some Crystal Effects. And... wait for it to dry. Needless to say, I was testing my patience with this project! :)


But the final result is worth it! I dug through my stash of items to alter and found a wood purse-like box that I decided to decorate. The main sentiment is from the TSG set Art is the Window and the polka dot scallop and puppy are from Polka Dot Pals.


Here is a shot of the back. I used the same papers as the front but kept the layout very simple. I added dabs of Silver Pearl Liquid Pearls all along the edge (after sewing the layers together). Matching ribbon, twine and brads were also added.



The final shot is of the side of the box. Not much going on here. Just a bit of coordinating designer paper, more sewing and more Liquid Pearls. Oh... and at this point I taste tested the York Peppermint Patties. Quality control and all of that! ;)

Now I just need to find the perfect place for this box... before I eat all of the contents! :)
Recipe:
Stamps: Art is the Window, Polka Dot Pals (There She Goes Clear stamps). Paper: Old Olive, Pink Pirouette (SU!), white, designer (My Mind's Eye). Ink: memento Tuxedo Black, Pear Pizazz Classic and Melon Mambo Classic (SU!), Copic markers. Other: antique brad and Crystal Effects (SU!), jute and satin ribbon (May Arts), Silver Pearl Liquid Pearls (Ranger), sewing machine and white thread, dimensionals, White acrylic paint, Glossy Perfect Paper Adhesive (USArtQuest), brads (Recollections), wood box.

8 comments:

  1. too cute...now where did you get this idea? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly looks to be well worth all that waiting time for things to dry. It is way too adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your project turned out beautiful and it was soooo worth the time!! I have been wanting to alter one of those boxes for so long but I never knew what I would do with it, thanks for the inspirations!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, this is so adorable! Your work is so 'finished'. I like it a lot. Sue (of USArtQuest.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really cute project and totally worth the wait! Everything you do is beautiful..Thanks for sharing :) T.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)