Tuesday, August 31, 2010

TE Sneak Peeks: Make a Wish

Hi Peeps! I've been sitting on some exciting news for the last couple of weeks. Can you guess? LOL! Taylor from TayloredExpressions asked me to join her design team. Woo hoo! Umm, I said yes. ;) And what better way to celebrate joining a new design team then showing sneak peeks of soon-to-be-released stamp sets and accessories? Hee hee.

Speaking of new stuff, the design team has a lot to share today. There are three fab stamp sets designed by Nancy McKinney: Make A Wish, Borderlicious and Bubbles Big Background. There is also a fabulous Make a Wish Pantry Kit and two new dies: Scalloped Lace Eyelet border die and a set of balloon dies that coordinate with the Make a Wish stamp set. All of these fabulous new goodies will be available for purchase Friday, September 3rd at 8:00 am PST at TayloredExpressions.

Today I am sharing a couple of cards made with the fabulous Make a Wish set. This set is the latest addition to the TE Giving Tree series. For the months of September, October and November when you purchase this Taylored Expressions will donate $7.00 to a national children's charity that grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions!

My first card focuses on one of the great sentiments included in the set and the tasty cake image (nom nom nom). I stamped the cake stand and the cake on Choice White cardstock and colored with Copic markers. I cut the images out and applied some Crystal Effects and a dusting of glitter to portions of the image. I stamped the sentiment on another piece of Choice White cardstock and used a square punch to notch the ends (big notches). I sponged the edges with Antique Linen Distress Ink and added a little piece of cardstock die cut with the Scalloped Lace Eyelet Border Die. The designer paper, cardstock and ribbon are all from the Make A Wish Project Pantry Kit.



My second card uses a couple of the fun balloon images and the banner image. I die cut the ballons using the matching Balloon Dies and colored them with Copic markers. You can do a lot with these balloons - use your markers to create your own pattern or stamp the balloons on designer paper and paper piece. I stamped the banner image with a dark teal on the textured side of a piece of the cardstock included in the pantry kit. I cut the image out, coated with VersaMark and heat embossed with an iridescent ice embossing powder. I finished the banner with dots of Liquid Silver Liquid Pearls. I attached the banner to the cardbase with dimensionals but thought some of the baker's twine included in the kit was also needed! :)


Whew... that is it for me today. :) For more superb samples check out the following fabulous designers!

Charmaine Ikach
Danielle Lounds - that's me!

Oh Nom Nom Cake Recipe
All supplies from Taylored Expressions unless otherwise noted.
Stamps: Make a Wish. Ink: Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger), Memento Tuxedo Black, Chocolate Chip (SU!), Copic Markers.. Other: Crystal Effects and Dazzling Diamonds Glitter (SU!), brads (Recollections), sewing machine and heavy duty white thread, dimensionals, Make a Wish Project Pantry Kit.


Banner and Balloons Recipe
All supplies from Taylored Expressions unless otherwise noted.
Stamps: Make a Wish. Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Bermuda Bay (SU!), Copic markers. Other: Crystal Effects, Iridescent Ice embossing powder (SU!), Scalloped Nestabilities Oval and Oval Dies (Spellbinders), sewing machine and heavy duty white thread, dimensionals, Ballon Dies, Make a Wish Project Pantry Kit.

17 comments:

  1. Super cute, Danielle! I love the glossy balloons and all the dimensional layers of that fabulous cake! I'm starting to get hungry!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun, Danielle! I love the glossy balloons and that super FAB cake! Scrumptious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are awesome Danielle! I love glossy look on the balloons and cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danielle, these are so wonderful! I just love the raised texture and that cake is fantastic. Yummy! (By the way, I'm so thrilled to be on the team with you!) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that cake looks incredible and I love what you did with the sentiment! Your glossy floating balloons are dreamy and that sparkly banner is fantastic too! What a great debut on the team!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome, Danielle!! I'm so excited to be working with you again!!! Your cards are fabulous!! The cake looks good enough to eat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Danielle! Love these cute cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my...these just make me so HAPPY Danielle! As usual, stunning layouts, perfect coloring and FAB embellies! LOVE these!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay Danielle!! So happy to have you on the team!! Loooove these projects with all that crystal effects and dusting of glitter... Just gorgeous!! Totally reached out and grabbed me! Wish I could grab it back and gobble it up! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are awesome! I especially love how you made the cake. Very nontraditional, but gorgeous! I really like the crystal effects that you added to parts of the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are TOTALLY fabulous Danielle!! Absolutely love all of the layers and glossiness!! So excited to be starting on the same term for the design team with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Danielle! I have been following you for quite awhile and I was thrilled to see you are on Taylor's design team. Yah!!! I buy her kits each month and love them. It will be wonderful to see your creations using them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. YUMMO!!!!! That cake is spectacular and I love the glossy balloons!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. congrats, girlie! love your cards and can't wait to see what else you crate with these fun stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The CE just makes these card FABULOUS!! Shiny and awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)