Friday, September 10, 2010

MTSC90: Need a Drink?

Hello! Been a long but fun week! I took a little trip back home for the long holiday weekend and then hurried home on Tuesday to begin the fun that was watching new windows and doors being installed! Or more appropriately, I spent the three days keeping one fat and ridiculously curious cat out of the way of the workers. My other cat is much smarter - she stationed herself behind the couch were she could snooze in peace. Told you she was smart! ;)

Happily they finished installing the last window at about 7PM yesterday so my house is my house again. More importantly, I can get back into my craft room. Woot! Oh - and I LOVE my new windows and patio door. They are perfect, especially in comparison to the decrepit, falling-to-pieces, drafty crap that were my old ones. They were BAD and I cannot believe I waited so long to replace them. Now I just need to touch up some paint and do a bit of cleaning... but that can wait until after I make a few cards. ;p

Oh and the first card to be made in my craft-room-with-new-windows is this colorful one using a fab Moonlight Whispers image from Kraftin' Kimmie:


Notes: For the layout I used this week's Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge. After a week without crafting I needed a kick start and this was the perfect starting point. I stamped the image and then colored with Copic markers. I die cut the image with a Circle Nestabilities and then sponged a bit of Antique Linen Distress Ink around the edges (keep the die in place) and added White Opal Liquid Pearls.

For the next layer I used strips of Echo Park designer paper adhered to Chocolate Chip cardstock. I sewed all of the edges using my sewing machine and accented the piece with a little yellow felt cut with the Eyelet Lace Border die and a bit of white twine. For the final layer I embossed a piece of Lemon Tart cardstock with the Tiny Bubbles embossing folder and stitched it to another piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock.

Recipe:
Stamps: Perfect Poison (Kraftin' Kimmie). Paper: Lemon Tart, White (PTI), Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss (SU!), designer (Echo Park). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Rich Cocoa, Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger). Other: Eyelet Lace Border Die (PTI), Tiny Bubbles embossing folder (CuttleBug), Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), twine (May Arts), dimensionals, heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, White Opal Liquid Pearls (Ranger).

5 comments:

  1. Great card, I could use one of those colorful cocktails :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fab Danielle, love your colouring and the addition of the perfect pearls. I know what you mean about cats - my old cat used to get so interested whenever we had workmen around. She looked like she was taking notes! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful card I must say. Hope your enjoying the new windows. What a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! Love the stitching and the Liquid Pearls frame.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)