Tuesday, September 21, 2010

TE Blast From the Past Blog Hop

Hello everyone! Welcome to the Taylored Expressions Blast From The Past Blog Hop! I had the perfect stamp set to use that was just waiting to get inky... and it is the first Christmas card that I have made this year. Eek... I better get crackin' on those! ;)

Notes: Stamped the tree image from the Wings of Joy set on white cardstock, colored with Copic markers and cut out. I applied a touch of Glossy Accents to the ornaments on the tree and then dusted with glitter. For a final touch I traced the garland with a Silver Copic Spica pen. For the panel beneath I stamped a snowflake from the set multiple times in VersaMark on some Green Bazzill cardstock. I added a sentiment in black ink, chomped the corners with my Corner Chomper, matted on red and stitched the edges. I then created a base panel using another Oldie but Goodie: Figgy Pudding designer paper from Basic Grey! A little ribbon and a few buttons finished the card.

For oodles of additional fun samples using some oldies but goodies from Taylored Expressions check out the following contributors to the blog hop:



Ohhh... and some special news. Taylored Expressions is offering a special Blast from the Past sale in order to help you prepare for our next customer blog hop! Our October blog hop is all about Christmas and we'll be featuring past Christmas stamps from Taylored Expressions in our creations. The following select Christmas sets are 20% off through Sunday, September 26th so it's a great time to pick one up and join us on the hop next month. You can find all the details on the TE Blog Hop HERE!



Recipe:
Stamps: Wings of Joy (Taylored Expressions). Paper: Naturals Ivory (SU!), White, Red, Green, Figgy Pudding designer (Basic Grey). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaMark, Copic Markers, Silver Copic Spica Pen. Other: heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, Corner Chomper, (We R Memory Keepers), ribbon (SU!), twine (May Arts), green buttons, Glossy Accents (Ranger), Dazzling Diamonds Glitter (SU!), foam dimensionals.

22 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I love the ribbon tab accent that you added!! Great job!

    ♥♥♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my all time favorite sets and I adore what you did with it here. I just made my first Christmas card the other day and boy do I ever feel behind!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute, Danielle! Love the twine bow and button embellishment and the sparkly/glossy accents you added to the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty Christmas card! I really like the detail in the tree and ribbon button treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the ribbon tab, the buttons and fun cut out tree on this pretty Christmas card Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's gorgeous Danielle, I love all of your layers and the fun glossy touches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tons of fun details on this card.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh Danielle I love Figgy Pudding from BG. I still have a few sheets tucked away. It's perfect for this set too. I really love your card!!!
    BTW, congrats on joining Taylor's team!!!!
    Hugs,
    Trayc

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful! Love all the sparkle on the tree!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely darling Danielle! Makes me want to start decorating for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a beautiful Christmas card....the tree is sooo pretty with all the special details and what a great button treatment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. SUPER cute Danielle! LOVE the papers and layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. SO cute, Danielle! I love the twine and the embellies. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love everything about this card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is adorable--I just love your tree and all the trimmings!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That card is sooo pretty!! Love all the fun details and embellies!! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww this is SO sweet-love the rounded corners too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely gorgeous girlie!!! Love all those beautiful details.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)