Wednesday, September 1, 2010

TE Sneak Peeks: Belated Birthday A la Cartes


Hey Peeps! Welcome to the second day of sneak peeks for Taylored Expressions! Today the design team is sharing samples of the new Belated Birthday A la Cartes. The talented Jami Sibley came up with the concept for these images and they were illustrated by the same artist as the other Apple Doodle Ink stamps. I have to admit that I will NEED to use these images a lot... I don't think I've sent out a single card this year on time. Such a bad card maker! ;)

There are seven A la Cartes and they will be available for purchase Friday, September 3rd at 8:00 am PST at TayloredExpressions. For my card I am using the Belated Birthday - Shooting Stars stamp. I also used the new Bubbles Big Background.


I stamped the image in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Choice Snow White Cardstock twice. Over the first image I stamped the sentiment and then used a circle die to cut out the scene. I trimmed the second little lamb, colored with Copic markers and adhered over the first with dimensionals. I matted the image on a piece of black cardstock (from the Fright Night Project Pantry) and add paper piercing to the edge. After coloring the star I added a touch of glitter with a Clear Copic Spica Pen. Two eyelets were added through which ribbon was threaded and knotted.


More notes: I stamped the Bubbles Big Background in VersaMark on a piece of orange cardstock (from the Make a Wish Project Pantry). I then matted it on another piece of black, added a few brads and finished with more paper piercing. For The final layer I matted some of my favorite designer paper, Thrift Shop by October Afternoon, on yet another piece of black cardstock.
I also decorated the inside of the card and added the second half of the sentiment that comes in this set: "Sometimes they go by before you get to make a wish. Sorry I missed your birthday." I say that second part a lot. ;)


For more belated birthday goodness, check out the rest of the Baker's Dozen!
Danielle Lounds - that's me!
Stamps: Belated Birthday - Shooting Stars, Bubbles Big Background (TE). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaMark, Copic markers, Clear Copic Spica Pen. Paper: Choice Snow White, Orange from Make a Wish Project Pantry and Black from Fright Night Project Pantry (TE), Thrift Shop designer (October Afternoon). Other: Orange satin ribbon from Make a Wish Project Pantry, sewing machine and heavy duty white thread, paper piercer, silver brads, silver eyelets, Petite Scalloped Circle and Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders).

9 comments:

  1. SO SWEET, Danielle! I love love love how you threaded the ribbon. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how sweet is this!? Love your beautiful coloring and the fun color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is GORGEOUS Danielle!!! LOVE the layout and papers you used! This is SO fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything about this - the layout - the way you colored and popped up the sheep - the color combo I never would have thought of with that image - SUPER CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally fabulous - I LOVE this card! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cuteness batman!!! Love that little popped sheep and the sparkly star!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute card...the layout, the colors, the stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your belated birthday card! Congratulations on your design team assignment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh ya, you are ROCKING these new TE sets!! You go girl!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)