Thursday, September 2, 2010

TE Sneak Peeks: Hangin' Out Wicked Wardrobe


Hello Crafty Friends! Today the Baker's Dozen are sneaking peeks at some spook-tacular stamp sets! Hangin' Out Witch's Wardrobe is a continuation of the Hangin' Out concept and was illustrated by Nancy. Fright Night Favors, illustrated by Taylor, is a perfect set for creating favors for your neighborhood ghouls and goblins! These sets will be available for purchase Friday, September 3rd at 8:00 am PST at TayloredExpressions.

My sample today features the Hangin' Out Witch's Wardrobe and uses the Fright Night Project Pantry. I just love everything in this kit - the paper and the ribbon - they just make my heart pitter patter or in this case glomp glomp (it's Halloween after all). Instead of making a card I thought it would be fun to create some cupcake decorations. Which meant I needed to bake some cupcakes. Good excuse, huh?

I stamped the ghostie image from the set on Choice Snow White cardstock and added a bit of color with gray Copic markers. I also added dots of Silver Pearl along the bottom edges of the ghosts using Liquid Pearls. My ghosties are stylin'!


I cut circles from the designer paper in the Project Pantry using a Circle Nestabilities and scalloped circles from the coordinating cardstock using a Petite Scalloped Circle Nestabilities. I layered them together and then glued them onto sticks for candy making using a tacky adhesive (Aleene's).

I added the ghosts using dimensionals and a little "boo" sentiment with a slightly thicker dimensional. To finish a short length of ribbon was tied around each stick.

In case you want to know: the cupcakes are chocolate cake with chocolate chips (just threw a cup or so of chocolate chips into the batter after mixing) with Fluffy Butter Frosting dyed a light green. Oh course I had to test the cupcakes (nom nom nom) and they turned out yummy! And some of those pumpkin candies I used in the first picture. Quality assurance testing at work. ;)

Soooo... are you wondering what the rest of the Baker's Dozen has whipped up? I am! Here are links to all of today's participants:

Charmaine Ikach
Danielle Lounds - that's me!
Stamps: Hangin' Out Witch's Wardrobe (TE). Paper: Fright Night Project Pantry (TE). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers. Other: ribbon - Fright Night Project Pantry (TE), Silver Liquid Pearls (Ranger), dimensionals, Circle and Petite Scalloped Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders).

13 comments:

  1. OK... you're speakin' my language here!! CUPCAKES! :) And did I spot some pumpkin candy corns in the photograph too? Love those things!

    Your little cupcake pics are absolutely adorable! I love the little line of liquid pearls at the bottom of the ghost!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness, these are just the cutest, Danielle ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danielle, these are so adorable!!! I LOVE the silver liquid pearls on the ghosties!!! Yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUMMO!!! (Or I guess I should really say nom nom nom!) LOVE these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that's just adorable Danielle!! The liquid pearls on the ghost is just fantastic and it's making me want to go eat some cupcakes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Danielle, how fabulous are these? I WANT ONE! These are the cutest every. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable AND delicious. Thanks for sharing them with us today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ACK! These are DELISH Danielle! LOVE the liquid pearls on the bottom of the ghosts! TOOOOO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How adorable. This is such a fantastic time of year for artsy projects.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG!! too CUTE!! Yummy.
    pinkblingcrafter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are scrumptious!!!!! I love the little row of pearls along the bottom of the ghosts...too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)