Thursday, September 30, 2010

TESC129: Oh Nuts!

I must admit that the one type of card I could use the most of is the Belated Birthday. I'm horrible about mailing out cards in time - just horrible! So all of the sweet belated stamps Taylored Expressions released earlier this month had to be added to my collection. Had to. Because I need to make a lot of belated birthday cards. Lots. *Snort*

For this particular card I used the Oh Nuts A La Carte. The inside of the card says "Sorry I forgot your birthday!" LOL - nothing like a cute fat squirrel to make up for forgetfulness!


For the layout I used the TESC129 Sketch Challenge. I stamped the squirrel in Memento Tuxedo Black on Choice Buttercream cardstock, colored with Copic markers and cut out. I layered a piece of Mud Puddle Dotted Swiss cardstock on Spring Moss cardstock. I debated sewing the layers together instead of paper piercing but it takes me forever to stitch around curves (one itty bitty stitch at a time).

The pretty designer paper is from a 6"x6" Basic Grey pad called Pyrus. I paired it with some dark brown cardstock and an ivory card base. A few brads, some pretty ribbon and a bit of scallop edge punching finished the card. Me likey! :)

Recipe:
Stamps: Belated Birthday - Oh Nuts! (Taylored Expressions). Paper: Early Espresso, Naturals Ivory, Creamy Caramel (SU!), Mud Puddle Swiss Dotted (Bazzill), Spring Moss (PTI), Choice Buttercream (TE), Pyrus designer (Basic Grey). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers. Other: twine (May Arts), Early Espresso satin ribbon, corduroy brads, 5/16" brown brads, Scallop Edger Punch (SU!), Circle and Petitte Nestabilities Dies (Spellbinders), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, foam dimensionals, mat pad, paper piercer.

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is just adorable and the color combo is PERFECTION!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)