Sunday, September 26, 2010

When Witches Go Riding

If I were a witch and out riding a broomstick on a cold fall night whatever could my purpose be? Gathering frog legs and newt eyes? Heading to the hills where me and my witchy chics will brew up a cauldron of giggle juice? Naw... I've probably just run out of chocolate and am using the speediest method I have to get to the neighborhood convenience store! After all, no need to stop at the stop signs when on a broom, right? Hee hee. Oh wait, that should be "cackle cackle." ;)

And if I was all set on chocolate I might then turn my attention to making a card. Perhaps even one featuring my favorite mode of transporation. Maybe even one just like this one:


I used the fabulous Hangin' Out - Wicked Wardbrobe set from Taylored Expressions for the main focal point. See the embossed paper? That is Mud Puddled Dotted Swiss cardstock by Bazzill. I loved it so much I had to buy a bunch of other colors. I stamped the broom and sentiment from the set on Choice Snow White cardstock and then used the Take Note Die 1 to cut them out. I colored the broom with Copic markers and sponged the edges with Antique Linen Distress Ink.

The designer paper, brown textured cardstock and the very cute little green bat brad are all from the Fright Night Project Pantry Kit. I added a bit of ribbon (love the Bow Easy) and machine sewing to finish the card.

Recipe:
Stamps: Hangin' Out - Wicked Wardrobe (Taylored Expressions). Paper: Naturals Ivory (SU!), designer, brown, and white from Fright Night Project Pantry Kit, Mud Puddle Dotted Swiss (Bazzill). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger), Copic markers. Other: Take Note die 1 (Taylored Expressions), brad from the Fright Night Pantry Kit and brown polka dot ribbon all from Taylored Expressions, foam dimensionals, heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers).

3 comments:

  1. this is such a cute card... and it is the first time I've visited your blog... love the "fat cat stamper"...cute! :-) I wonder if you have heard of a new challenge blog, Papercraft Star yet? We'd love it if you considered entering some of your beautiful work in the challenges there and there is still time to sign up for a chance to win a gift certificate too! http://papercraftstar.blogspot.com/2010/09/new-gift-certificate-drawing-for.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)