Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Little Xmas Joy... on a Sleigh!

Hi all!

I have a sweet little Christmas card to share tonight using a Pure Innocence stamp set. I stamped the little girl and her sleigh in black ink on Buttercream cardstock and colored with Copic markers. I added a touch of glitter to the tree using Ruby Red Stickles (courtesy of my mom - she sent me a whole bunch of different colors! Yay!)

As usual I stitched the edges of the layers with my sewing machine and used some twine and ribbon to accent the main image. I cut a square from Sahara Sand cardstock and stamped the sentiment. I used the Corner Chomper to round the corners and a 1/16" circle punch for the two little holes. I adhered the sentiment in place with dimensionals and then threaded more the twine through the holes and tied in place. I should warn you... I bought a lot of this twine... you may be seeing it again and again on my projects. :)


Recipe:
Stamps: Pure Innocence - Sending You a Little Christmas (MFT). Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Sahara Sand (SU!), Choice Buttercream (TE), Mitten Weather designer (Cosmo Cricket). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers. Other: Cherry Divine Twine, heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, foam dimensionals, stitched ribbon, Ruby Red Stickles (Ranger), Corner Chomper (We R Memory Makers), silver brads, 1/4" circle punch, Ticket Edger punch (EK Success).

7 comments:

  1. This is so cute, Danielle! Don't you love that Divine twine? I have a ton of it, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable Danielle! And, as always, I LOVE your stitching - you are such a wizz with your machine. I LOVE that twine too - I bought a whole swag of it - it's so cool for Christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. she's a doll, Danielle. looove that twine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FAB coloring job Danielle! Seriously! And I love the sparkly touches you added to the tree ornaments too.

    Did you see the sneak peeks of the new Gobble set? I think Jessica was channeling you when she came up with the sentiments...
    ~Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danielle, this is amazing! Congratulations, you are being featured today on the MFT Blog as part of Our Favorite Finds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Danielle, I LOVE this card. Beautiful coloring and wonderful paper you used. Love the layout, the twine...everything.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)