Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Six Pack of Halloween Tag Goodness

Hi My Crafty Friends!

I enjoyed making the set of Christmas Tags I posted last Thursday so much that I decided I need to make another set. This time I thought a Halloween theme was in order. :) To get started I grabbed a few sets: Trick or Sweet for the "Spooky Sweets" and a little poem on the gift bag, Spooky Tree A la Carte for the main image and the little pumpkins and Tag... You're It! for the To/From on the back of each tag.

I stamped the spook tree in black ink on Kraft cardstock. I turned it sideways so it looked more like a branch than a tree. I trimmed the cardstock and rounded the corners before sponging with Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink and added White Opal Liquid Pearls. The little pumpkins were stamped in Spiced Marmalade on Choice Buttercream cardstock. After trimming the pumpkins and adhering to the spooky tree with dimensionals they were accented with a bit of glitter and Glossy Accents. I used an orange Spica Pen on three of the tags before adding the Glossy Accents and on the others I just dusted with a bit of glitter after applying the Glossy Accents.


I stamped a sentiment on green cardstock and cut out with a punch. More Spiced Marmalade was added with a sponge before adhering the sentiment to the first layer with more dimensionals. For the next layer I matted a piece of designer paper from the Fright Night Project Pantry Kit on orange cardstock from the same kit. A small band of coordinating designer paper was added to the bottom before stitching around the edges. To finish a piece of black pompom trim was adhered where the two designer papers met and a silver eyelet was added to the top. Like my first set of tags I added a tag backer which hides the messing sewing on the back. Black bakers twine as thread through the eyelet.


I kept the matching gift bag very simple (cause the chocolate inside is the important part!). I stample the "When mummies roam and pumpkins gleam, may sweets be yours on Halloween!" on a piece of designer paper, matted on black and stitched around the edges with my sewing machine. I punched two holes in the top of the bag (through front and back) after filling and threaded a length of ribbon through them to keep the bag shut (makes it much more difficult for me to filch the chocolate!).


I finished by tying one of the tags to the bag. After ripping open the bag to get to the chocolate (oh, you know you would too!) the tag could be kept.


So what do you think? Are they spooktacular? Do you like seeing tags? Because I'm thinking this would be a fun project to do every month - six new tags depending on the season or Holiday or whatever other whim takes my fancy. :)

Recipe:
Stamps: Sweet Treats, Spooky Tree A la Carte, Tag... You're It! (Taylored Expressions). Paper: Kraft, Black (SU!), Choice Buttercream and Fright Night Project Pantry Kit (Taylored Expressions. Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink (Ranger), Orange Copic Spica Pen. Other: heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, black pom pom trim (Bazzill), black Divine Twine, White Opal Liquid Pearls and Glossy Accents (Ranger), silver eyelets and Corner Chomper (We R Memory Makers), foam dimensionals, kraft treat bag (purchased from Targer).

3 comments:

  1. Man are these the cutest tags in the world!!!!! (hey, I found your subscribe at the bottom and I jumped to subscribe. I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!!!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)