Saturday, October 23, 2010

Sparkly Snowflake Box

Hi all!

I've had this little paper mache box sitting on my desk for the last couple of weeks. I even painted it with a metallic green paint... but all it has been doing is sitting there, staring at me, begging to be decorated. But I was drawing a complete blank. It must be because it has six sides. If it was just a square I would have had it decorated in an instant, but those extra sides have been throwing me for a loop. However, last night inspiration struck. Oh yay! And now I have a pretty decorated box sitting on my desk... begging to be gifted to someone. ;)

I cut a length of designer paper and scored every 1/4". I then scalloped the one edge and pleated the paper. I attached the ends together to create a pleated circle. I then added a coating of Angel Wings Shimmerz paint. Next I stamped a snowflake from the Winter Wonderland set in Bermuda Bay ink on white cardstock and diecut with a circle die. I matted this on a slightly larger circle cut with a pinking die. I punched a hole throught the center and attached the sentiment tag with twine. I then covered up the hole in the middle of the snowflake by adding a big pearl brad. I added a matching strip of designer to the bottom of the box and stamped along the bottom edge with another snowflake from the same stamp set. I added a length of ribbon, twine and another pearl brad. To finish the box I added some Liquid Pearls here and there. ;)

I thought it would be fun to fill this little box with a few pieces of wool blend felt and a few yards of pretty ribbon. All set and ready for gifting! :)
P.S. I just wanted to mention that Taylor is presenting a 12 Days of a Handcrafted Christmas on the TE Blog. She has fabulous videos with great ideas for Christmas projects and to go along with them she is having a sale in the store. Might want to check it out - a lot of fabulous inspiration! :)

Recipe:
Stamps: Winter Wonderland (Taylored Expessions). Paper: Kraft, White, A Walk in the Park designer (Echo Park). Ink: Bermuda Bay Classic. Other: Shimmerz Paint, Green metallic paint, paper mache box, White Opal Liquid Pearls (Ranger), pearl brads, twine (May Arts), satin ribbon, Pinking Circle and Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), scallop edger punch (SU!), foam dimensionals, Favor Frame Die (Taylored Expressions).


2 comments:

  1. OMGOSH Danielle this is DARLING! I still need to try my hand at one of those paper flowers! Do you know of any good tute's? The box is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous box and who wouldn't want all those yummy goodies!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)