Thursday, October 7, 2010

Taylored Expressions - Release Day!

Hi Peeps!

Today is the day. All of those fabulous stamps sets, Project Pantry Kits and dies the Baker's Dozen have been showcasing the last several days are now available for purchase at Taylored Expressions! But you know us... we love to share so more projects today for your viewing pleasure! :)

I decided I needed some extra special gift tags and was in the mood for colorful so I grabbed the Snow Day Project Pantry Kit and the Sparkle and Cheer stamp set. The finished size of each tag is 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" (artist trading card size).



I cut various 1/2" strips of designer paper and adhered them to 2 1/8" wide strips of white cardstock. I then cut the now covered white cardstock to 3 1/8" tall. I repeated this until I had 6 of these - one for each tag. I rounded the corners and layered on purple cardstock and then stitched the edges. I decorated each piece with a sentiment stamped on kraft cardstock, punched out and tied in place with twine (I used dimensionals to fix it in place). I stamped a star from the set on white cardstock, cut out, accented with a rhinestone and popped up with another dimensional. To finish I punched a hole at the top, set a jumbo eyelet and added some twine.


Next up I created a backing for the tag. I cut a piece of kraft cardstock to size and stamped with the bird image from the set. I added a To/From from the Tag You're It set. A few more dimensionals were used to adhere the tag back to the tag frong. I really like how these turned out - very finished and none of my sewing shows! :) What do you think? Look neat tied to a kraft gift bag perhaps?


So, I was cleaning up and realized I had quite a few little pieces of paper left over from the tag. Which meant? Make a matching card! :)
This lovely is 6" wide by 3 1/2" tall. All of the papers and embellishments used to make this card are included in the Snow Day Project Kit except the Kraft paper and the inks.

After stamping the sentiment in black, I stamped a couple of the little snowflake images in Crumble Cake ink on the kraft cardstock and embellished with rhinestones. Simple but appealing! :)


Still here? Just one more picture of everything together! See the envies in the back? I'm going to store my pretty tags in little glassine envelopes I have - keep 'em all safe and sound. :)

For more release day fun check out the rest of the Baker's Dozen and our Guest Designer!

Recipe:
Stamps: Sparkle and Cheer, Tag You're It (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: Snow Day Project Pantry Kit (Taylored Expressions, Kraft
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Peeled Painter Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories: Twine (May Arts), jumbo eyelets (SU!), oval punch, foam dimensionals, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, ribbon and bling from Pantry Kit.

11 comments:

  1. Oh mygoodness these are so DARLING! Nothing I would EVER think of, but now I want to CASE! I would add a couple strips of that designer paper to a kraft bag add the rockin' tag and you've got an AMAZING gift! Oh and I especiallythe love the detail of the backer - so the hole doesn't go all the way through and the swewing doesn't show - wonderful touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THUD.....these are amazing, Danielle!! YOU ROCKED that Snow Day PP!!! Awesome set of tags....and I love the card, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh, words have escaped my brain - I can't even tell you how AMAZING these tags are! You sewed on them??!!! Brilliant! Love the scraps of paper and those jumbo eyelets too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWOWOW!!!! Danielle this si simply AMAZINGGGGGG!!! I totally want to do everything you just did!!! Seriously brilliant my friend!!! I don't think mine would turn out as brilliant as yours but I totally want to try! Big hugs! Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely tags. A perfect touch for nay gift.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Danielle, these are GORGEOUS! The card is fabulous, too. So wonderful and the sewing is out of this world! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are AWESOME Danielle! I also want to case this card and the tags too! LOVE these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous!!!! I love how your combined strips of paper for that colourful look!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! I looove what you did here. that paper is so amazing and makes everything so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ADORABLE!! Love how you did the two sided tag! Totally fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH I LOVE these, Danielle! What adorable tags. . and I LOVE the little pieces you used to create the card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)