Monday, October 4, 2010

TE Sneak Peeks: Hangin' Out at the North Pole

Hi Peeps! Today is the first day of Taylored Expressions Sneak Peeks and the design team has a lot of stampy goodness to share (another huge release this month!). We are sharing peeks of not one but four new stamps sets! Gobble Gobble is the newest addition to the Stamp a Sweet Impression collection: Cuppie gets all dressed up for Thanksgiving. Penguin Pals is another fabulous set in the Apple Doodle collection: sweet little penguins are all about enjoying the snow! Merry Little Cocktail is another fab set by Taylor for the TE collection: it is just right for all those holiday and/or party invitations you need to send out. Hangin' Out at the North Pole is the latest addition to the Hangin' Out line of stamps in the Whimsical Wishes collection: a whole set of santa suit pieces! All of these fabulous new sets will be available for purchase Thursday, October 7th at 8:00 am PST at TayloredExpressions.

Today my card focuses on the Hangin' Out at the North Pole set. I was thinking that after a long night of delivering gifts out in the cold that the first thing Santa would do would be to ditch the suit and jump into the hot tub (with a hot cup of chocolate). This is the aftermath... hee hee...

Santa's suit was stamped on Snow White cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copic markers. A Black Souffle pen was used on the belt and a gold Spica pen was used to color the belt buckle and buttons. After cutting out each piece I used white Liquid Applique on all of the furry portions of the suit. I let the LA dry before heat setting so that it would puff - I think I may have used a bit too much because it really puffed. A lot! ;)

And yes - I had to make the undies pink... with green sparkly polka dots. Hee hee hee!

I'm sure you want to see more sneak peeks (and not at Santa's underwear) so check out the rest of the fabulous design team:


Charmaine Ikach
Danielle Lounds - that's me!

Recipe:
Stamps: Hangin' Out at the North Pole (Taylored Expressions). Paper: River Rock, Basic Black (SU!), Mud Puddle Swiss Dotted (Bazzill), Choice Snow White (TE), Jovial designer (Basic Grey). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, Gold and Green Copic Spica Pens, Black Souffle Pen. Other: Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Circle and Pettite Scalloped Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), brads (Recollections), ribbon (TE), Liquid Applique, foam dimensionals.

17 comments:

  1. I am totally cracking up icturing Santa in the hot tub! Your coloring looks fantastic - I find shading reds so difficult. Love the LA trim too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE how you did the different parts of the Santa Suit!!! HOW adorable - and love all that puffed up goodness!!! LOVE it girlfriend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS - love how the "aftermath" of all that running around turned out!!! And love that he would have a cup of hot coco with the hot tub too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute!! What a fun idea and the pink undies are my favorite!! Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The aftermath!! Bwhahahaha!! This is awesome, Danielle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this Danielle! I can totally picture Santa chillin' in a hot tub with some hot chocolate! LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL I am totally picturing Sanat getting nekkid, but I love the aftermath!! Absolutely gorgeous papers with it!! It negated the image of naked Santa! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute, Danielle! The coloring is just wonderful...the undies are hilarious! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh this is hilarious!!! I'm blushing over this. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is WAY cute and I love the story of how the "aftermath" came to be! LOL!!! All that liquid applique really adds the perfect touch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Go Santa! Santa sure would love to hop in a hot tube around here! Love the pink undies and puffy fur. Smashing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So funny!! Love the polka-dot boxers - hahaha! The applique on the coat and pants looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute, Danielle! What a cute idea and I second what Tori said...the pink undies are my favorite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a totally lush Santa suit! Hilarious that it's all thrown about! What an adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun Fun FUNNN! I love that plaid paper and all the liquid applique!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is SO adorable. It is just the funniest I've seen of santa! way to go!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)