Wednesday, October 6, 2010

TE Sneak Peeks: Take Note Holidays & Keeping Tabs

Hey peeps! Welcome to Day Three of Taylored Expressions sneak peeks. Sorry - this is going to be a long post since I have a lot of pretty pictues to share! Anyways, let's get started. The Baker's Dozen are sharing some fun projects using three more stamp sets: Take Note Holidays, Keeping Tabs and Tag You're It. All of these sets and the various other goodies from the last two days will be available for purchase tomorrow at 11AM PST at Taylored Expressions.

Take Note Holidays is a continuation of the Take Note theme and is part of the Whimsical Wishes collection. Keeping Tabs is a mini companion set to Take Note Holidays and has a matching die. Tag You're It is an addition to the TE collection and is perfect for making all of those little gift tags you will need soon. It coordinates with the previously released Favor Frame die.

Now that the release chatter is out of the way, how about some pictures of my project? I decided to create an organizer to keep track of some of the random bits of info I need for the Holidays. I wanted a completely customized book so started from scratch. A couple of pieces of chipboard cut to 5 3/4" x 5 3/4", some designer paper and my Bind-it-All and I was ready to work! Note: I have been looking at The Cinch but have not taken the plunge... but maybe. Doesn't hurt to have two binding machines, does it? ;)

I decorated the book with the pretty papers from the Tinsel & Twig Project Pantry Kit and used Take Note Holidays stamp set. There is such a cute little santa in this set and fun labels that fit the Taylored Take Note dies perfectly.

I broke out my Liquid Pearls to accent the cover. I used dots of Ruby Red on the label and coated the furry parts of Santa's suit with White Opal. I also added a touch of Glossy Accents to Santa's glasses. A little ribbon, twine and button finished the look.


For the inner portion of the book I created four pocket pages. I labeled each page using the Keeping Tabs stamp set and the matching die. The pages are: Coupons, Cards, Recipes and Receipts. I probably won't keep full sized cards in here but will keep little gift tags or maybe some gift cards. The Recipes pocket is for all of those yummy new cookie recipes I want to try. Last year I made 8 different kinds of cookies for Christmas... my family was all set! Hmmm - not sure if I should try to beat that record or not! Hee! I also keep receipts for gifts I buy for a month or two just in case someone would want to return the most awesome present I got them (but they better not. *snort*).

Here is a picture of the Coupons pocket. I cut a 5 3/4" wide by 11" high piece of kraft cardstock and folded in half (the fold line is on the binding side of the page). I scored a line on the front of the pocket (from the top left corner to about 1 1/2" down on the right side) and then folded it down. I then cut a 1 1/2" piece of designer paper and adhered it to the inside back of the pocket. To finish I stitched the pocket closed. I didn't have to stitch the left side since that is where the fold is (and therefore it is already closed) but I liked the look of the stitching so continued sewing. I finished by adding a tab to the top and decorating the flap with a button and a little bit of twine.


So what do you think? Fun?! I'm thinking I will have difficulty parting with this little book so into my stash it will go! Now that you are done checking out my project why not take a look at what the rest of the team have to share today:

Charmaine Ikach
Danielle Lounds - that's me!
Donna Baker
Jackie Pedro
Jodi Collins
Karen Giron
Karen Motz
Melissa Sauls
Regina Mangum
Sankari Wegman
Taylor Van Bruggen
Tori Wild
Nancy McKinney - the amazing Whimsical Wishes Illustrator
Jami Sibley

Taylored Dies used in the making of this project:



Recipe:
Stamps: Take Note Holidays, Keeping Tabs (Taylored Expressions). Paper: Designer and Choice Buttercream from Tinsel & Twig Project Pantry Kit (Taylored Expressions), Kraft, Black and Ivory cardstock (SU!). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Red, Copic markers, Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger). Other: Bind It All and silver 1" coil, chipboard, White Opal and Ruby Red Liquid Pearls (Ranger), Take Note Frame 3 die and Keeping Tabs die (Taylored Expressions), Black stitched ribbon (Taylored Expressions), button, twine (May Arts), foam dimensionals, heavy duty white thread and sewing machine.

15 comments:

  1. Wow!!! I am loving all of those pearls! And the folded down corner attached with a button looks so cute. This is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is GORGEOUS Danielle! LOVE all the liquid pearl accents and the folded over pages are GENIUS! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your book is GORGEOUS! I love it! I've been wanting to do one with pockets and I love the way you made yours!

    Oh and....get a Cinch...you'll LOVE it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this!! Pretty and useful and I love the liquid pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow Danielle, this is so fun looking! I love the liquid pearl accents - who wouldn't be looking forward to the holidays having this?! would make an awesome GIFT too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!!Super cute. I love the folder corner and the tabs used:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful Danielle!!!! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so well done, Danielle. Love the papers, your colouring, the fabulous pockets,...!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Danielle, this is lovely! The accent on the Santa is amazing and the stitching is fab! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous organizer!!! LOVE all the dimension on the cover and that pocket for coupons is brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is just GORGEOUS!!! I love everything about it and especially how you created those pockets...why didn't I think of that?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is the most awesome project, Danielle! I need one right now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is just fabulous! I want one!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Truly gorgeous piece of work Danielle! Makes me sure I need a Bind It All now! Thanks so much for sharing this project!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)