Friday, October 1, 2010

Wings of Hope

Hey Peeps,

Checking in tonight with a pretty card using the TSG set Angel Mail. This is the first time I've applied ink to this set. Eep! But now I can move it from my pile of unused stamps to my pile of well loved stamps. :D

For my card I diecut a piece of Choice Buttercream cardstock with a Taylored Die, sponged the edges with Antique Linen Distress Ink and stamped a sentiment from the same Angel Mail set in black ink. I indulged my liquid pearl fascination and added dots of Ruby Red all along the edge (love it!). Next I punched a 1 1/4" circle from red Bazzill cardstock and adhered it above the sentiment. Stamped the wings in black ink, colored with Copic markers, cut out and adhered to the circle with ore dimensionals


The next layer is a couple pieces of Crate Paper adhered to more of the red Bazzill cardstock. As usual I stitched along all four edges (addicted, I tell ya!).

For the ruffly ribbon: I applied a line or two of adhesive onto the mat so that the ribbon could be tacked into place. I then did a quick pass over the middle of the ribbon with my sewing machine to fix it to the card (it's not going anywhere now!). To finish the look I doubled up a piece of twine, wrapped it around and adhered it to the back. I took a second piece of twine and sewed the button in place, tying the ends to create a bow.

A few brads and 1/4" circles of more red cardstock finished the card. Purty, don't you agree? :)
Recipe:

Stamps: Angel Mail (There She Goes). Paper: Naturals Ivory (SU!), red (Bazzill), Choice Buttercream (TE), Restoration designer (Crate Paper). Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers. Other: Take Note Die 3 (TE), Ruby Red Liquid Pearls (Ranger), Striped Red and vintage brads (retired SU!), twine (May Arts), button (PTI), 1/4" circle punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, foam dimensionals, heavy duty white thread and sewing machine.

2 comments:

  1. This is fantastic!!!! I love it. So cute and fun and you have to feel good when you see it....can't hold on to that "not feel good" anymore!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)