Saturday, November 20, 2010

Butterfly Box

Hi everyone!

I have an altered paper mache box to share with you tonight! I needed some packaging for a gift card and a pair of fun knee socks I picked up for my niece for her birthday and thought this would do the trick. I wanted the box to be a bit girly and just a touch edgy... after all she was turning the big 1-6! :)

I used some older designer paper from SU!, black cardstock and vellum to create a layered flower. I think there are a total of eight die cut flowers. After fastening the layers all together with a corduroy brad I used my fingers to curl the petals just a bit. I also applied Glossy Accents to the top layer and dusted with glitter. I inked two chipboard butterflies with Rich Razzleberry ink and then again with VersaMark. I then heat embossed with Heat 'n Stick powder and add a coating of glitter. To attach the butterflies I took a piece of flora wire, bent it in half and then curled it. I glued the butterflies to the wire and then added a second matching butterfly as a backing to each of the decorated ones(used dimensionals to adhere to the first ones). A few rhinestones completed the look.


I then decorated the top of the box using matching designer paper, cardstock, ribbon and a bit of macine stitching. The "16" is from a set of grunge paper shapes. I used Perfect Paper Adhesive to adhere pieces of the designer paper to the bottom of the box. Yeesh... it didn't really take me that long to decorate the box... but it sure feels like it did now that I'm typing out the recipe. ;) Lol... well I'm off to finish my other not-a-card-not-a-tag project. Hopefully I don't mess it up now that it is almost done. Hee hee.



Recipe:
Paper: designer (SU!), Old Olive, Basic Black, Vellum.
Ink: Rich Razzleberry Classic (SU!), VersaMark.
Other: Heat 'n Stick Powder, Glitter, Glossy Effects (Ranger), Tim Holtz Tattered Floral Die (Sizzix), black satin and embroidered ribbons (May Arts), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, 1 1/4" circle punch, floral wire, chipboard butterflies (Maya Road), grunge paper die cut numbers, adhesive rhinestones, dimensionals, corduroy brad (SU!), paper mache box.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)