Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Six Pack of Penguins!

Hi all!

I'm sharing another set of tags I made. I can't help it! I'm addicted to making tags. Although I do have another project that I'm working on that isn't a card and isn't a tag. Well... I'll just leave it at that. ;) Today's project uses the fun Penguin Pals stamp set and some pretty cardstock and designer papers from the Snow Day Project Pantry Kit.



Each of the tags is actually a 3 x 3 card. I layered designer paper on a slightly smaller square of cardstock and stitched around the edges. I punched a hole in the upper left corner and set an eyelet. Through this eyelet I threaded some twine and attached a tag with the "warm winter wishes" sentiment stamped on it. I then added a bit of satin ribbon, another piece of textured Bazzill cardstock (this time diecut with a Spellbinder's die), and a penguin that was stamped and cut out. These finished mini card fronts were each mounted onto a 3 x 3 kraft cardbase - ready to be tied to a gift!


Penguins - I stamped each penguin in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on white cardstock, colored with Copics and cut out. I applied a coating of Glossy Accents to the orange parts and added Dimensional Pearls to the hats. The trick to Dimensional Pearls is to set aside whatever you applied them too for an hour or so. Don't be tempted to touch... ;)

I'm thinking these would be so cute tied to a gift bag containing some yummy packages of hot cocoa or tea... whatever drink will keep you warm on a winter day!

Recipe:
Stamps: Penguin Pals (Taylored Expressions).
Paper: designer papers, white cardstock and textured cardstock from Snow Day Project Pantry (Taylored Expressions), Kraft.
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Accessories: Glossy Accents (Ranger), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, dimensionals, Labels 9 Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Dimensional Pearls (Ranger), Divine Twine, silver eyelets.

4 comments:

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)