Wednesday, November 3, 2010

TE Sneak Peeks: Enjoy!

Hi everyone! Welcome to day three of sneak peeks for Taylored Expressions. Today we are sharing samples using the new Enjoy! stamp set concepted by Jamie Sibley and illustrated by Nancy McKinney.
The set consists of eighteen images made from rubber and precut so that you can pull 'em out of the package and start stamping immediately. One of images is a frame image designed to fit perfectly on top of a small hinged (altoid style) tin and has a coordinating Taylored Die. I used this image and the neat tool image from the same set for the following gift card holder:

Ha! You love it don't you?! Hee hee. I have so many tool addicts in my family that this gift card holder will be perfect for. I made the tin very shiny like a brand new metal tool. After all, shiny new metal tools are irrestible to certain people. ;)
I drew a wrench on gray cardstock and cut out (it's not perfect but close enough). I then embossed it with a swiss dot embossing folder and adhered it to a piece of black cardstock which I trimmed to be just a touch bigger. I wanted the wrench to be shiny so I squeezed some Glossy Accents onto it and then spread using my fingers and let dry. I stamped the frame on a piece of designer paper and matted on black cardstock for sturdiness before die cutting with the frame die. I applied a thick coating of Glossy Accents, sprinkled with glitter and let dry. Next I stamped the tools image on Choice Snow White cardstock, diecut with a Circle Nestabilities (these images also fit the 1 3/4" circle punch), colored and added dots of Black Glossy Accents.
Since tools need to be organized I thought the gift card holder could also use a handle it could be hung from. I used a crop-a-dile to punch two holes in the tin and threaded a piece of cord through them and knotted on the inside of the tin.
So what do you think? Will it make a tool addict swoon (err... I mean pass out)? :)
Ready for more samples using the Enjoy! stamp set? Check out the Bakers' Dozen and a couple of guests:
Charmaine Ikach
Danielle Lounds - that's me!
Donna Baker
Jackie Pedro
Jodi Collins
Karen Giron
Karen Motz
Melissa Sauls
Regina Mangum
Sankari Wegman
Taylor Van Bruggen
Tori Wild
Nancy McKinney
Jami Sibley

Recipe:
Stamps: Enjoy! (Taylored Expressions).
Paper: Gray, Black, Ocean's Tide, Choice Snow White, Fine and Dandy True Blue Designer (My Mind's Eye).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers, Silver Copic Spica Pen.
Accessories: Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug), Word Window Punch, Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Glossy Accents (Ranger), Glitter, Black Glossy Accents (Ranger), dimensionals, small hinged tin, cord, screw brads.

13 comments:

  1. SHUT up! This is AWESOME Danielle! This would go over FABULOUSLY with my tool obsessed husband and Dad! LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo clever, Danielle! I LOVE this idea and I know lots of tool lovers who would "swoon" over this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SOOO creative and adorable- -my dad would love it!! Seriously fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY HEAVENS! That is AWESOME! Seriously AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute, I can see some Home Depot or Lowes gift cards inside there. Very inventive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this in the gallery last night and I literally sqealed!! So clever and creative, Danielle! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally COOL!!!!! LOVE that hand drawn wrench...it's a perfect gift card holder!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You hit the nail on the head with this one!! (aack, pun intended!) So stinkin' cute, my son is a contractor - how fun this would be for him! LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Danielle, this is the cutest EVER! What a clever and wonderful idea....lovin' it! OXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. holy heck! this is fantastic Danielle! looove it. it's so clever and cute and Awesome! tfs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous wrench tin! How awesome Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is waaaaaaay cool Danielle! How ever did you think up such a magnificent way of making a tool gift holder?!! FANTASTIC!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)