Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Great Tags: Bountiful Felt Flowers

Hi all! You didn't think I was done sharing tags did you? LOL... I still have a few more ideas! :)

For this batch of tags I pulled out the new Friendship Blooms dies from TE and diecut oodles of little flowers from Teal, Lt. Teal, Yellow and Brown wool blend felt. A little designer paper, some fun brads and a bunch of ribbons and a little twine completed the project.

I embossed the Soft Sky cardstock with the Scallops and Circles Impression Plate from Taylored Expressions. I adhered a couple strips of designer paper to this layer (used an edger punch on the one) and matted on Chocolate Chip cardstock before stitching the edges.


I stamped the sentiment on the bottom, added a silver eyelet through which I tied a length of ribbon and where the strips of designer paper met I added yet more ribbon and then a bit of twine on top of that. To finish I matted the tag on So Saffron cardstock and added some dots of Liquid Pearls along the bottom. I like to add a tag backer so that the ribbon ends and the back side of the sewing is hidden -- they aren't so pretty to see!
To finish here is a shot of all six of the tags. Each of the flowers are a little different and I used some different strips of coordinating designer paper on the different tags. So what do you think? A nice addition to my series of tags? :) Would you like to see more?


Recipe:
Stamps: Friendship Blooms (Taylored Expressions).
Paper: Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip, So Saffron (SU!), designer (My Mind's Eye).
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa.
Other: Edger Punch (EK Success), Scallops and Circles Impression Plate (Taylored Expressions), Divine Twine, Antique Brads and twill ribbon (SU!), Polka Dot ribbon (PTI), crinkle ribbon, Bisque Liquid Pearls (Ranger), heavy duty white thread and sewing machine, foam dimensionals, silver eyelets.






3 comments:

  1. Love your tags! Great color, layout, texture and details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh love these tags too Danielle and the felt flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)