Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Great Tags: Purple 'Birthday Cake' Eater

Yikes! Been a while since I posted to my blog but I can explain. I've been very creative but not in the craft room... instead I've been baking lots of cookies.Link I even tried a few new recipes. Some of which have been really good and some just okay. The really good? Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting (nom nom nom). Of course I did bake a bunch of known favorites like Turtle Brownies, Judy's Crinkle Cookies and Peanut Blossom. All in all, I'm drowning in cookies. Hee hee.

I did find a bit of time to make another set of gift tags. This time I used Make a Wish from There She Goes and some delicious purples.


I added a tag topper using the Keeping Tabs Die from Taylored Expressions. After adhering to the tag with glue I added a jumbo eyelet. I threaded some white silk ribbon through the eyelet and then then tied in place with some black twine. I inserted a jump ring through the knot of the twine and add a little oval tag.




I stamped and punched out the 'Yum yum' background circle, punched out and mated on a slightly bigger circle of black cardstock. I then adhered this piece to an scalloped circle and added some pewter Liquid Pearls. I then stamped the hat, colored, cut out and accented with a bit of glitter and Glossy Accents. To finish I added a bit of designer paper, a few rhinestones and some black velvet ribbon - yummy!

Well, that is it for me tonight... I have a bit of cookie decorating to finish! :)

Recipe:
Stamps: Make a Wish (There She Goes Clear Stamps).
Ink: Concorde Grape (SU!), Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Paper: designer (Prima), Choice Snow White (TE), Black, Concorde Grape, Kraft, Almost Amethyst (SU!).
Other: Pewter Liquid Pearls and Glossy Accents (Ranger), Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Circle Punches, Small Oval Punch and Scallop Circle Punch (SU!), Corner Chomper and Silver Brads (We R Memory Keepers), paper piercer, black velvet ribbon and white silk ribbon (May Arts), Black Twine (Divine Twine), Tiny Twinkles and Keeping Tabs Die (TE), jump ring, foam dimensional tape.

2 comments:

  1. These are so pretty!! I want cookies REALLY bad now, though....

    ReplyDelete
  2. First time viewer and I just have to say that I love these purple tags!! So cute with the hat!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)