Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

I hope you are all having a fantastic day! I thought I would share some Christmas ornaments that I made for the tree I didn't find time to put up before leaving town. LOL! :)

The first two use images from the Hangin' Out - At the North Pole set from Taylored Expressions and some yummy striped ribbon (green is from May Arts and the red from SU!).


The ornament base is a clothespin! I've seen these on a few other blogs and thought they were just the neatest idea so I had to try them myself. I dismantled the clothespins and then painted the wood pieces with gold metallic paint. Once dry I adhered a bit of designer paper to the front and back and then put back together.


The second set of clips uses the From the Heart Frame die from TE as the background panel and then I used the scallop circle punch from SU! to create the rosettes. The images are from the Every Little Bit stamp set from SU! After decorating the tags I created a sentiment flag using a couple of tree stick pins, a bit of cardstock and letter stickers from Cosmo Cricket. You might be seeing this technique from me again as I love how they turned out!


I accented the main images with Glossy Accents and a bit of glitter before cutting out and adhering to the clips with dimensionals.

Quite fun, don't you think? Well, I gotta run - I have a new game to play and some comfy big slipper socks to break in. :)

Recipe (clothespins with ribbon):
Stamps: Hangin' Out - At the North Pole (Taylored Expressions).
Paper: Natural's Ivory, Chocolate Chip (SU!), Choice Snow White (TE), designer (Echo Park).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Other: Glossy Accents and Bisque Liquid Pearls (Ranger), Circle and Scallop Circle punches (SU!), green ribbon (May Arts), red ribbon (SU!), Dazzling Diamonds glitter, foam dimensionals, letter stickers (Cosmo Cricket), gold metallic paint.

Recipe (clothespins with rosettes):
Stamps:
Every Little Bit (SU!).
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Natural's Ivory, Chocolate Chip (SU!), Choice Snow White (TE), designer (Echo Park).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Other: Tree Stick Pins, Glossy Accents and Bisgue Liquid Pearls (Ranger), clothespins, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, twine, Scallop Circle Punch (SU!), gold metallic paint, letter stickers (Cosmo Cricket),
From the Heart Frame die (TE).


3 comments:

  1. Brilliant girl! Wow! Very creative and fun!
    Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute idea. Great idea that kids could even do. Of course, they wouldn't be as nice as yours, but this is a very doable kid's project.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)