Thursday, December 2, 2010

TE Sneak Peeks: Crafty Petites

Hi everyone!

Welcome to day two of sneak peeks for Taylored Expressions and wow do I have a lot to share. :) It is a long post today with plenty of pictures of projects using the new Crafty Petite stamp sets. These are a new smaller size of stamp set that Taylored Expressions is debuting this release. The perfect size for a little gifty for someone special or as a gift for yourself (would work great as a stocking stuffer... hee hee). They are the same deeply etched top quality rubber as the rest of the TE sets and they also come on a full color panel.

But you probably want to know about the sets?! There are four different petite sets all part of the Whimsical Wishes line illustrated by Nancy. And get this... they are crafty themed! Oh yay! :) For my first project today I used the Sew Happy set to alter a little gifty box and four matching gift tags.

See that scallop trim at the bottom? I used the new Medium Scallop die. There are also large and small scallop dies. I did fancy the scallops up a bit using Bisque Liquid Pearls. Notes on the box: I adhered the Cosmo Cricket designer paper to the box with Matte Perfect Paper Adhesive. Once dry I used an emery board to sand off the excess paper and distress the edges just a touch. I then followed up with a finishing coat of the Matte Perfect Paper Adhesive. I then decorated the box a bit. I stamped a couple of the little sewing related images from the set on Choice Snow White cardstock, colored and cut out. I accented the pin cushion with Rouge Liquid Pearls and added a coating of Glossy Accents to both.

I thought it would be fun to give the altered box to someone who sews and to include a few gift tags that she could use. I used the same layout for the tags and the same papers and inks so that they match the little holder.


For my second project I used the Crafter's Anonymous set (the sentiments in this set are hilarous and so appropriate). I kept this one simple but after coloring the jar of buttons I did add a coating of glitter using the Clear Copic Spica Pen and then added Glossy Accents.

Again I used the Medium Scallop die and added a bit of Liquid Pearls (couldn't resist!). A little ribbon finished the card. I believe I will get a lot of use out of these fun stamp sets.

For more fun samples using the Crafty Petite sets check out the Baker's Dozen and our fabby Whimsical Wishes illustrator Nancy:
Danielle Lounds - that's me!
Nancy McKinney - Illustrator Extraordinaire

Sew Happy Box Recipe:
Stamps: Sew Happy - Crafty Petites (Taylored Expressions).
Paper: So Saffron, Basic Black, Blue Bayou, Pear Pizzaz, Circa 1934 Designer (Cosmo Cricket).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Accessories: Medium Scallop Die, Keeping Tabs Die, Rouge and Bisque Liquid Pearls (Ranger), twine, black stitched ribbon, Glossy Accents (Ranger), oval punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, foam dimensionals.

Button Hoarding Recipe:
Stamps: Crafter's Anonymous - Crafty Petites (Taylored Expressions).
Paper: Naturals White, Bashful Blue, Pear Pizazz, Choice Snow White, Fine and Dandy Tickled Pink (My Mind's Eye).
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers.
Accessories: ribbon, medium scallop die, Glossy Accents (Ranger), Bisque Liquid Pearls (Ranger).









8 comments:

  1. How AWESOME Danielle! LOOOOVE the tote bag you created and the tags are ADORABLE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always make the cutest tags and bags! I love this set - the glaze looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what fab creations...love the dp, the fun scallops and all the embellies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the glassy accents & the liquid pearls on the scallops are just perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH. My. Word. The bag and those tags.....THOSE TAGS!!! One word......FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love LOVE the glossy accents on each card and the blue circle behind the sewing elements really makes them pop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all so adorable, Danielle! I LOVE the tags. . .and that box is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)